TOP 50 REVIEWERon 2 March 2014
I really enjoyed the last book Serving the Billionaire and I loved Regan and Carter so I couldn't wait to continue their story. The last book finished with the happy ending of them dating, so although I couldn't wait to find out what this book had in store for them it was with a little trepidation that I actually started reading since I knew there had to be trouble ahead to make the book interesting. Regan and Carter have very strong feeling for one another but will they be strong enough to withstand the vast difference in their lifestyles, their pasts, their friends and families. Regan more than Carter struggles with this and to her at times it seems insurmountable but her attraction to him is so strong she just can't let him go.
This is a much different book to the first one where their attraction is so new, fresh and well written, well to be honest it made me shiver, in this book they're in the relationship and trying to make it work, as with all new couples they have to learn about each other and try to make it through both the good and the bad.
I enjoyed this book and was really surprised it was free I fully expected to have to pay for the second book which I would have done, although that said I personally don't think it's quite as good as the last one but that could just be the nature of it, I think it's probably easier to write about first meetings and the slow shimmer of attraction as it builds than to deal with what generally happens after the book has finished.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 March 2014
I liked the first book which the author offered for free so it was a surprise to see this second and longer book also offered for free so thank you to the author for that.

I like this authors writing style. This book starts when Carter and Regan have been dating for a month. They don't see each other every day due to work etc. Carter is still dominating Regan in the bedroom and she's still enjoying it (including some anal play). What Regan is not enjoying is the difference in their lifestyles. She's insecure about whether she fits into Carter's world. When she meets his mother and attends a charity ball with Carter the insecurities build. The first half of the book is told from Regan's POV. Her half ends after she is called home to a family funeral and she meets her childhood sweetheart again. Regan makes a decision about herself and Carter.

The second half of the book is told from Carter's POV and I wasn't sure I liked the direction it took. I also wasn't sure if the author had the male POV quite right. Is this book a romance or an erotic novel? It's a mixture of the two. We have Carter being dominant in the bedroom but in everyday life, he's quite sweet and love sick.

There were some parts of the storyline I didn't feel were expanded on or explained enough and I struggled with my star rating for this book but because both books have been offered for free and because I like the authors writing style and did enjoy the journey of Regan and Carter, I am giving it 4 stars.

I will read more from this author.
on 4 March 2014
I am an avid romance reader, and have read a few cringe-inducing ones in my time. 2nd book in this series was free, so I bought both books for less than a pound and didn't expect anything much. But they were really good! It's a classic ordinary-girl-meets-billionaire fantasy, but better written than most. I really enjoyed the different cultures, haven't read that before, and it was done well. It's a happy-ever-after plus the "three years later" epilogue in two books, which I also liked as I get very cross with padded-out trilogies/series (Sylvia Day is on my "never buy again" list). Thank you Bec Linder, keep 'em coming!
on 2 March 2014
I didn't think I would enjoy this book to the degree that I did which was a pleasant surprise. It was a good book and I look forward to reading others from the author!
on 5 March 2014
Good entertaining story was lovely and romantic the characters were not quite believable b u t the romance was a bit up and down .fixed reviews interesting.
on 21 April 2014
It was addictive! Absolutely fell in love with carter. The story every woman wants to read. It's kinda a must read when on holiday.
on 6 March 2014
A good read that had a story line with an ending! Which is all too often missing in this genre of books.
on 10 July 2016
Loved it yet again...struggle to put it down once I started. Now on to the next one! :) x x
on 6 August 2014
a good book to read and would defo recommend to anyone
on 30 January 2015
brought all books from this series enjoyed story