Customer reviews

Tarpaper Sky
Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 27 April 2016
I purchased this CD on my sons recommendation and was so surprised that I actually detracted from my usual purchases of my favourite musical artists and wondered why I've never heard of Rodney Crowell before. I like his style, sound and the individuality of his songs. I was so impressed I purchased one of his other albums called Houston Kid which is equally as good as Tarpaper Sky.
on 28 June 2014
I bought this album on the strength of rave reviews on Amazon . Up to then I had been aware of Rodney Crowell only as a sideman of Emmylou Harris . This morning I ventured into the listening room ( aka the lounge ) and slipped it on the CD player looking for a pleasant country background sound while I read the Guardian . My socks were well and truly blown off . The Guardian remained unopened .
One person found this helpful
on 4 June 2014
Good writing, expert musicians, thoughtful lyrics, and great melodies. If you like country you'll love this album. I first heard of Rodney through Emmylou's Hot Band, who I also saw in concert in Glasgow some years ago - and I have been following his music ever since.
One person found this helpful
on 18 April 2017
this album is more like the old Rodney Crowell
on 20 August 2016
Being a great fan of Rodney Crowell means you have very high expectations with every record you haven't heard. We,, this was one unheard and it was beyond every expectation I could have. Just excellent, every song is a masterpiece.
on 20 May 2014
Great modern country album, well worth a listen. Highly recommended.
Takes a bit of time to be delivered by US sellers, worth the wait, for the money saved.
on 13 December 2015
ok
on 20 September 2016
excellent
on 9 February 2016
Rodney is great
on 21 January 2015
as described and arrived on time.