on 30 April 2016
Great premise to this book as a cynical physicist is forced to confront that which he once disbelieved and ridiculed. Now the joke is on him. I must say that the re-cap on the Spanish Inquisition reminded me of how humanity can become afflicted by complete madness on occasion and we still don't appear to learn our lesson. Anyway the comedy prevented the story from becoming too serious and the whole tale was completely rewarding. I look forward to a sequel.
on 10 March 2014
Having picked up half a dozen new books to sustain me through a long-haul trip, this one very quickly became my first choice holiday reading.

A great cast of characters thrown into an intriguing and inventive plot, narrated with lots of humour and enough pace to keep one turning those pages.

I hope that Mr Brown is hard at work on his next volume by now, so that I can have it for the next time I go travelling.
on 4 March 2015
I initially had a hard time reading thru the first couple of chapters and almost thought I downloaded the wrong book. Then, it started getting good. I thoroughly enjoyed the characters. The humor and dialogue very well done. I personally enjoyed the "sarcasm" . Only one thing wrong, I want to read the next book so I can enjoy the ride, but alas it's not published! Arrrggggh! I shall keep this author in my wishlist!
on 30 April 2014
Tim Brown proves to be a natural novelist whose characters & locations leap off the page to become reality. The story revolves around a good old yarn of good against evil with a wicked sense of humour thrown in for good measure.

The Unhappy Medium should be on everyone's book list for this year. Buy it, read it & enjoy & then tell all about it. You will not be disappointed.
on 10 July 2014
This was a surprise to me as I was expecting to get bored and put this down as I have many a free download. I must say that the more I read the more hooked I became. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a good chuckle and likes things a bit random. TJ Brown has bought to life a most unexpected mix of science and superstition in the best of ways.
on 9 March 2014
This is going to be seen on more beaches this summer, than Ambre Solaire and cold Pinã Coladas.
Brown's ability to weave together a story from what at first seems a completely implausible plot, holds the reader from the opening paragraph, to the final closing sentence. A wonderful story told by a natural storyteller. There has to be a sequel !
on 7 August 2014
Really enjoyed this book and looking forward to reading the next. Great characters, good plot, kept me gripped (mostly) especially toward the end. The Spanish Inquisition section went on a bit too long for me so I skimmed some of it. I was much more interested in the main characters - each to their own I guess. Overall it was a great read.
on 28 May 2014
Well, I wasn't expecting that; what a brilliant, funny and daft book, I couldn't put it down! The characters are excellent and the storyline is ridiculous and hilarious which is why I love it. I urge everyone to read this book and I can guarantee you'll love it too. I actually feel bereft now I've finished it, hurry up with the next one Tim!
on 27 July 2015
When I downloaded this book I didn't really have much of an idea of what to expect, but thought it was worth a try. My goodness I'm glad I did! Brilliantly written, full of dry wit and humorous turns of phrase this book as an absolute gem! It reminded me of the novellas of another indie writer, Phil Church, which I also love. Newton is the last person you'd expect to be picked by his old colleague and friend for a job helping out those hanging around in Purgatory. He's skeptical, a brilliant physicist but a complete wally when it comes to dealing with big business. That sets him up nicely to help his old friend rid the earth of some of the most evil spirits around. A great yarn, fast paced and sprinkled with the understated humour that Brits write so well. I checked on Amazon, but there's no sequel. Why on earth not? More please Mr Brown!
on 4 June 2014
Loved TIm's flowing style, well written with intelligent wit and humour ..kept the reader wanting to read more,intrigued to discover more of the sometimes outlandish content but somehow very plausible!!!
Well done to the author, look forward to the next thrilling book.