on 17 April 2017
I found this book interesting, I did not find it hilarious even though I am English and have a British sense of humor, but I was disappointed at some of the wording used, any English person interested in History would not call the Middle Ages as "Back In The Day".

However as I said I found this book interesting I did begin to wish for the end to hurry up at around 83 percent of the way through.
on 27 April 2017
I bought this book based on reviews and low price, I thought I'd take a chance and luckily I hit the jackpot! I absolutely loved this book, laughing my way through it and highly enjoying the characters. Fun and lighthearted, the author manages to keep the readers interest and credulity with good writing and sharp humour even through a crazy story line. I would definitely buy any more books he writes.
on 11 April 2017
This is not a fast paced novel. It is well researched,although I wonder if the author has driven in the Torquemada region.

The slow pace to this novel should not spoil your enjoyment, but add to it. The descriptions of the characters are pure fun and in some cases wonderfully disgusting. I like to know the baddies are TJ Brown knows how to do this without patronising a reader.
on 30 March 2017
Excellent writer. Value for money as it took me a week or so of late nights to read this thrilling amusing book. Though it started slow and I had shelved it for a while before being tempted to read on. Worth buying and seeing it through until the end.
on 26 April 2017
Highly enjoyable romp balancing rational atheism and supernatural silliness, car chases and a tank, a deliciously sour ex wife and her po-faced posse, the Inquisition and a bad guy with the evil credentials of Yonderland's Negatus.
on 30 March 2017
Absolutely brilliant book. The last time I found a book this good was Expecting someone taller by Tom Holt. Write more quickly please, Terry Pratchetts first book wasn't as funny or original as this. Only goes up to five stars but deserves more.
on 29 March 2017
Good
on 31 March 2017
Harmless fun with some good laughs. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a story with elements of the supernatural, but which also doesn't take itself too seriously.
on 18 April 2016
Read this while away for a few days, lovely quirky tale, with some unusual elements, nice writing style to go with it.
I would definitely enjoy other works by this author... and I want to hear about Newton's next adventures, with Gabby and Viv... please
on 28 April 2017
What a brilliant book!, I feel kind of sad now though and desperate for more adventures with Newton Viv and Gabby please please write more😀. Alan the mad.