Customer reviews

Touches
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.00

on 15 August 2014
I wasn't quite sure what to make of this book, and I have to admit that I almost gave up on it. But I stuck with it and it turned out to be a really good read.

I'm not going to rehash the story in my review, but imagining the house as it was described, well there was no way I would ever spend one night in there! It reminded me of a film when the write was explaining about the stained glass windows moving but I can't remember which one!

There were parts of this book that were horrifyingly creepy, and the imagination runs wild thinking about what was actually going on in the house. However, there were some parts that felt slightly over the top and took away from eeriness for me, but that being said it was relevant to the story.

If you like creepy stories, and have a vivid imagination, then you may want to sleep with the lights on for this one!
on 19 May 2014
The story grabs the attention immediately and never fails to hold it, whilst the tension ebbs and flows, retreats and builds again with ever more menace. Just as the reader thinks all the pieces have finally fallen into place, there are more twists and turns. Well constructed plot and development of the main character's growing courage and motivation. I am a huge fan of mystery / horror/ stories and this is the stuff of nightmares, rearing up from the page and reaching out to follow you! I very much hope to read more by the author.
on 25 March 2018
This book is terrific. I didn't want to put it down. Kept me on the edge of my seat right to the end. If you like a little fright get this book.
on 21 March 2014
Totally loved this book , I gave it a five star rating because everything, from the characters , story, to format was brilliant.
I have read hundreds of ghost stories and so it is difficult to find one that can still give you the chill factor.This did exactly that..... the best bit about this book was the part when our leading lady stayed in the house on her own . Really really spooky !
enjoy with the lights on.....
on 10 October 2015
It took me a long time to finish this book, it was like from the first page it felt like someone was in the room with you and I didn't like that I would read it when I had company the book from start to finish it was very very good.
on 23 August 2014
From the first page to the last I was gripped by this amazing story. The author is very skilled at forming an atmosphere that grips and holds the readers imagination and chills to the bone. Would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about the paranormal.
on 18 April 2014
WHAT. CAN I SAY. THE TENSION NEVER STOPS FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE END. THE CREEPY ATMOSPHERE DRAWS YOU RIGHT IN. I LITERALLY. COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN. FANTASTIC. THE BEST BOOK I'VE READ IN QUITE A WHILE. THANK YOU JONATHEN WISE FOR A WONDERFUL READ. A WELL DESERVED 5 STAR.
on 10 March 2015
I am pleasantly surprised. Its a marvellous story. Complete stories with no hangers, and scary as hell. I slept with the lights on (at 50 years old Lol ) .best story I read by far. More please . I am a big fan now. Wonderful.
on 18 November 2014
To create a story that is all things to all horror readers. Starts of well but then ends up with long sections of too much squeezed into a section. Quick. Easy. Basis of the story good but responses of the characters handled poorly.
on 6 October 2014
enjoyed on the whole but found a few bits confusing. agree typos slightly annoying
look forward to reading 11 to midnight next
One person found this helpful