on 24 February 2014
Off the KUF 3 is a collection of 6 novellas by some of my favourite authors

Adventure on the Scotch Express by Cecilia Peartree
This was a nice mystery set on the Scotch Express set amongst the suffrage movement and involving a little bit of cross dressing.
I enjoyed the gentleness of this story. Even the ruffians weren't too rough.

Bernard and the Bibble by Carl Ashmore
This is a children's story about Bernard meeting a Bibble and going into his world. It was a little young for me, but an enjoyable story, nonetheless.

The Rocks Below by Nigel Bird
I'd not read any Nigel Bird stories previously and was very impressed with this one. It seems to start as a collection of short stories, then I noticed they were set in the same area and then I realised they were all part of the same story as the people met up. It was very well written and very enjoyable. I think this might have been my favourite of the collection.

Maureen and the Big One by Jonathan Hill
This is the third of the Maureen "adventures". Maureen has a bit more heart in this one compared to her previous outings. I enjoyed it knowing her past, but I believe the story is good as a stand-alone and you don't really need to have any past story to enjoy it.

Copy by David Wailing
I've read all the stories in the Auto series by David Wailing, and this is one of my favourites. It is quite an intense thriller and as all the Auto stories, the story just ramps up and up and up.

The Devine Legacy by Jennifer Hanning
This is quite a sweet tale of an older lady getting an unexpected inheritance and setting out to retrace the steps of her first romance.

So a mixture of stories, with nothing in common except I enjoyed them all.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 February 2014
At the price this must be the Kindle Bargain of the Year! Six Indie authors, each with an excellent track record, have contributed a novella length story to this superb collection.

Cecilia Peartree, whose work is new to me, has the opening story which takes place on a train to Scotland. It’s what tends to be called a cosy mystery and I enjoyed it very much.
The second story is by Carl Ashmore, famous for his Time Travelling series for youngsters. This one, also aimed at a young audience, has a message for all.
Nigel Bird gives us one of his best novellas here with a slightly science fiction style story which touches upon the controversial technique of ‘fracking’ – some great characters here.
Maureen Banks is a lady of a certain age whose pretensions and clumsiness are legendary. She’s the author of her own downfall in most cases, but inspires affection in readers. Jonathan Hill’s three Maureen stories stand well by themselves but if you haven’t already, you’ll want to read the others.
The same applies to David Wailing’s story which is one of those included in his longer book Auto. These are great – gems in their own right – but when you string them on the necklace that is Auto they become more than the sum of their parts.
The final story is by Jennifer Hanning. It looks at how a sudden acquisition of wealth affects the members of an ordinary family. It’s the grandmother who comes into the money – a charming story with a real feel-good ending.

It you can’t find something in there to enjoy I’ll be very surprised!