Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 May 2014
Revision of great tracks with dub sensibility does exactly what it sets out to do can't stop playing it in car gym house
on 4 April 2014
Assuming this is the same as the package from the Pledge site, what you get here is a total of 5 discs - 3 vinyl and 2 CDs. The 3 vinyl discs include most of the tracks listed on the first two discs of the CD edition with 2 or 3 tracks per side. Each disc is a different colour of transparent vinyl and look great.

The first CD contains the two tracks missing from the vinyl (my memory fails me as to which two) plus a superb 43 minute compilation DJ mix of a variety of tracks from the album. The second CD is the bonus tracks CD as included as disc 3 of the CD version.

Finally there is a stencil of a bit of artwork. These are all presented in a 3 part gate-fold sleeve with wonderful Mike Coles artwork which include the usual KJ visual themes and references.

The music itself is a good mixture of mid-tempo dub and faster dancier tracks which are mainly new mixes but there are 5 or 6 from the mid-90s around the Pandemonium period. If you do not like previous KJ dub mixes (Wardances / Alchemy albums) then you probably won't enjoy this collection, but if you have an open mind and a broader taste then there is so much on these discs that there will be something for you.

At the price offered here for 3 LPs and 2 CDs you can't go wrong,
33 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 April 2014
This version is the 3 x cds version. 3 x cds total of 28 tracks.
I've loved Killing Joke from day 1 and it's always been apparent their love for dub reggae in between the mix of their music which encompasses punk, metal, indie and industrial and even dance music (the dance mixes of the Pandaemonium album I remember at the time polarised fans, I loved dance music and therefore loved the remixes, others hated them preferring the rockier side of the 'Joke.)
I really love my dub reggae, more so than other reggae. I'm a Prince far I fan amongst other dub. So when I saw this cd collection I had to buy it. I wasn't let down at all.
Every track except the NIN remix of democracy are fantastic - it doesn't really fit in with the overall dub sound of the other selections.
My favourite dub mix is and has always been the A floating leaf always reaches the sea mix of Requiem by Spiral Tribe. (Why is there no best of Spiral tribe cd?!)
If you're a dub fan buy this, if you're a Killing joke fan buy this - even if you don't like dub, it will show you what the fusion of styles can demonstrate as possible worlds.
Killing Joke, thanks.
on 20 April 2014
This is a superb collection of Killing Joke dub mixes. The vinyl sounds excellent and I particularly like the way a few of the tracks have been put on one of the two extra cds which means that the remaining vinyl tracks have been presented without compromising the sound which can happen when too much music is pressed onto vinyl. This is excellent and well thought out. The packaging is superb with the 3 vinyl albums presented in a really nice triple gatefold sleeve as well as the 2 cds and a nice graffiti stencil which should encourage the rebel in you! One of the cds contains remixes which are of a less dubby, more electronic nature and the other contains the extra tracks and a dj mix of the vinyl tracks. This is an excellent idea and means the dj mix can be ripped and listened to on a portable player when I'm out and about or where a record player is not available. Best of both worlds.
All in all a superbly presented and compiled collection of some mighty fine dub sounds.
on 17 April 2014
I love Killing Joke and I love dub, so this is a marriage made in heaven.
Absolutely superb arrangements of old and not-so old songs.
Buy it and blast it out.
on 5 August 2014
everything i expected and more,brilliant.
on 1 June 2014
I withdrew my first review,as i could not understand 'Dub' and thought this was a bit of a mess. I was wrong. I listened to a Dub version of 'Turn to Red' which is not on this package,and found out how different the song could change like that. I mean 'Turn to Red' has plenty of echo on the original version,but with the Six minute Dub version..so much more echo. So there you go. This must have given 'Martin Glover' A.K.A. 'Youth' a lot of work to perfect. So all in all perfection for me. The album is a little expensive,but this is a Three C.D. and definately worth parting with your cash!!
on 14 April 2014
Fantastic!

This is a truly great album. I've found Killing Joke a bit hit and miss in the past [with the exceptions of the first album and Pandemonium], but this is absolute killer all the way through, there are one or two tracks on the bonus CD that don't fit too well, but who cares! Play this very, very loud.
on 3 July 2014
I am addicted to this! Just cannot stop listening to it. 3 vinyls and 2 cd's what a bargain. The stencil is cool too. If you like Killling Joke or dub buy it. Every DJ in the country should be playing this!
on 14 October 2014
This is an absolutely brilliant collection of some truly amazing dub remixes. Fantastically compiled and excellently packaged, superb sounding vinyl and an absolute bargain. I couldn't be happier with my purchase :-)