Caustic Love [VINYL]
Format: Vinyl|Change

on 28 October 2014
to be totally honest and to my shame , as i come from Glasgow , i have never really listened to many of Paolo Nutini songs much
and it was only until i was watching THE JONATHAN ROSS SHOW a few weeks ago (which is also something iv never really watched often) and i noticed that Paolo was one of his guest and i thought that i should really listen to this guy and see what he is all about, the song he had chosen to sing was ONE DAY ...WOW WOW and more WOW , i was totally blown away by this song and that incredible voice , so much emotion and feeling (which very few artist can do these days is sing with feeling) so much soul in his raspy voice is amazing ...i just had to have that song , so on the strength of that i bought the C.D ,
and oh boy what an incredible album it is, i love every track on it, this album will be around for a very long time to come and it is fully deserved , i just love it ...and i still can"t stop listening to ONE DAY , i think it is bound to be the album of the year.
buy it, listen to it and enjoy it , it is so good i am gonna buy the vinyl edition very soon.
so well done to the boy from Paisley , you have just created a CLASSIC ALBUM
on 25 June 2014
i received my pristine vinyl master piece.. three sides which makes the sound quality so much better .. with a free download for the entire album delivered to my email box at the time of purchase which made waiting the few extra days fpr the vinyl package less painful .. great idea.. to get the instant reward for purchasing something which we are all so guilty of wanting these digital days ... wonderful album .. wonderful service from the sellers / distributors... gorgeous artwork ... sheer pleasure ... on every level .. and That Nutini boy is simply and hauntingly wonderous .
2 people found this helpful
on 22 April 2018
Such a master song writer, singer and musician. Such a range of type of song....jazz, pop, Indie, rock - you name it he can do it. Excellent entertainment. As good as all of his other work. Just wish he would bring out more. He is a true artist.
on 8 January 2015
I only heard a teeny bit of Paolo on the radio, but liked the soulful type of music (can't do with the rubbish that's out at the moment). I think he's a mixture of soul with a touch of a male Amy Whitehouse but with a Rod Stewart type voice. I do like his voice, but I found after listening to this album a couple of times, I have found it a bit boring. Not sure if I think he's good enough to try a different album .... any thoughts anyone? ....... can anyone recommend a more musically interesting album by him??
VINE VOICEon 19 April 2015
Paolo is sheer genius and every album is totally different. They evolve and tell his story. Even in this album the songs are eclectic and very diverse. There is something for everyone. Iron sky is perhaps the best song ever written and Paolo's voice is sheer heaven. My limited vocabulary and skills with words do not do justice to Paolo Nutini. The boy is a total genius and this album is a work of art and , in my opinion, the greatest if all time by any artist! Now that is praise indeed.
on 23 June 2014
My son is a drummer and did a gig with Paulo a few years ago. Described him as a nice wee fella from Paisly. Either Paulo has improved immensely in the intervening time or my son's a lousy judge of talent. I fear the latter!

Personally, I preferred his last album but Scream (funk my life up) is spine tingling. Just wish that idiot Steve Wright wouldn't fade it half way through to promote a lot of crap. Don't get me wrong though, the rest of the album is good but I think I need some more time to get to know it.
on 28 April 2017
The album is obviously great, as you may know.

Unfortunately the vinyl sounds very bad, it is very noisy with a lot of pops and clicks. (I have tried to clean it multiple times it has not improved)
My side 2 has also big scratches on the surface.
On the plus side, the second vinyl has a flat (with no grooves) surface so you can use it to set the anti-skating of your turntable.

If you want to listen to this great album, I suggest to choose another format.
on 11 December 2014
Brilliant new album from Paolo Nutini that is significantly different from his previous albums and has a much greater variety of musical styles and sounds. There is great depth to both the lyrics and the music itself, but Paolo's voice is still very recognisable and quite distinct in style. I would suggest listening to the samples first before deciding about purchase, but I think this is a really excellent album.
on 9 May 2014
At least half the tracks on the album are destined to be Paolo classics, especially the more original and less derivative (I don't mean derivative in the pejorative sense - it's always interesting to see the broad range of his influences - The Doors in Cherry Blossom, for example, or Richie Havens in Iron Sky). The best songs of a wonderful bunch are those which showcase Paolo's extraordinary vocal talent, including his ability to introduce a tremolo at the end of a sustained note. My favourites are Better Man, Numpty and Let Me Down Easy. But that could change. There are 2 silly interludes (whose only purpose is to make the track numbers up to 13), but at least they're very short. In short - brilliant!
on 20 May 2014
Incrediable! Paolos amazing vocals and song writing skills are showcased fully in this his long awaited Cd. There are so many great tracks but "better man" and "Cherry blossom" are certainly 2 of tbe best. I didnt really have to think too much to award it 5 stars as i dont have anything bad to say about it at all. I have waited a long time for this release and i have not been disappointed. Paolo is definately one of our most talented artist of the moment.