Customer reviews

TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 20 August 2014
I loved this book, which picks up about 6 months after Travis arrived in Australia and for the most, his and Charlie's relationship is pretty solid, but I did have a few issues with some of it - mainly Charlie's 'what if people find out?' attitude, which luckily, did change by the end of the tale, publicly and in a WTF?! fashion.

I was a little frustrated at how secretive Charlie felt he had to be, even with the people closest to him, but at least he was willing to try new things, and I loved how patient and loving Travis was with him. Their relationship definitely grew in this tale, and it was nice to see that though they were out of the honeymoon period, they still missed each other when work forced them apart, and when the issue of immigration reared its ugly head.

Though I did like how Charlie outed himself for the love of Travis - in kick-butt fashion, LOL!, as he refused to deny what he was, or his love for Travis - I did feel that the immigration issue sorted itself out too quickly and easily, and that there seemed to be a little too much of an about-face. Then again, I only know about UK and Mauritian immigration stuff, so perhaps the Aussie system is more lenient - it just made me feel as if everything was building up to some major drama, that just dissipated.

There was a nice little touch of domesticity with Matilda, and as the tale ended, it seemed as if this would be repeated with Nugget; maybe he/she will be in RDH3? I loved how Charlie's 'I'm a rancher first and foremost' attitude changed with the arrival of Matilda and the concessions Charlie learned to make; it made his and Travis's relationship seem more equal, rather than boss and lover, separately.

However, I remain a fan of the series and am impatiently awaiting RDH3, which is out in a few weeks.
on 23 April 2017
The final chapter of this book killed me, it was just absolutely perfect in the way it rounded up all the relationship angst into a neat ball and then just threw it away and replaced it with a joyous future.

I loved the whole story of Charlie and his Aussie cattle station and the brash and confident Texan who came for four weeks but fell in love with the land and the station owner. Travis was perfect for Charlie, his confidence giving him the strength to finally break free of the ghosts of his past.

On to book two!
on 12 February 2015
It's scorching hot - and it has nothing to do with the blistering heat of the Australian Outback. Why have I only just found this book? Oh right: I should have read Boymeetsboy Reviews more often - thanks Ann for guiding me through the maze to find this little treasure. I enjoyed reading about the trials and tribulations of running a remote cattle station as much as reading about Charlie and Travis and that was a bit of a problem for me, hence only 4*. For me, the love between the MC's should have been the main focus, but it was the reality of the harshness of living so remotely and depending upon the support of fellow co-workers to survive that really made the book. As I said, the sex scenes were scorching hot but I felt that they lacked the emotion I so needed, to be really fullfilled. I will be reading the next book in this series because I am interested enough to see where the author is going to take us.
on 8 January 2015
I'm ashamed to say that this is my first N.R. Walker. I need more of her work if they're all like this! (And the fact that in her author info bit she put that she likes it when "they do naughty things together...but she likes it even more when they fall in love.) MY TYPE OF AUTHOR!

I loved the setting. I seem to have quite a thing for cowboys! I loved how she went about writing their slow progression into a relationship. I loved how she evolved her characters.

I just need more Charlie and Travis full stop.

My only complaint was the editing. A slight thing, I know, but words were missing and some were added that weren't needed. Other than that I loved it :)
on 10 July 2016
( red dirt heart Book 1)
Wow I fell in love with charlie and Travis they was amazing it was funny also a bit emotional to watching Charlie fight some demons I wanted to hug him.

( red dirt heart Book 2)
My emotions were everywhere with red dirt heart 2 I cried a lot with this one I wanted to hug the boys so much.
Come follow there emotional journey there relationship is tested my heart broke for them come and find out if they make or break. I loved this one.
on 30 August 2017
It made man smile and laugh and almost cry. I loved it a.d can't wait to continue reading the series. I LOVE the characters and the life style. It means so much more as I am in Australia at the moment too.
on 10 July 2017
I loved this book even not being a fan of cowboy stories, N R Walker is such a clever writer, giving just the right amount of juicy sex but with fully formed and rounded characters, she always leaves wanting more, I can't wait for the next instalment.
on 31 August 2016
A good read which combines romance with a decent plot and a bit of humour. Recommended.
on 31 May 2014
Almost need to not say more- as if more words just spoil it. Everyone should read a book like this sometime.
on 12 May 2014
I really like all the books of this author and as soon as one comes out I automatically buy it - without reading the blurb!
So I downloaded this after messaging the author about something else and she said that she was planning a sequel to this book. I'm glad I did. It is very easy to read and flows well.
It is a lovely story set in Australia. I really like the fact that it was set in Australia, as opposed to all the American stories based in Texas, and the author has really captured the vastness of the country perfectly.
The story is told from Charlie's point of view and I really liked his character. Slowly the guys get together and work their way through some of Charlie's issues. Travis is a live wire, knows what he wants and goes for it!
I especially loved the section in the 'safe zone' of the Kitchen!
The author has really managed to put the emotional content into the story.
Ms Walker is definitely my type of author. I would recommend the Thomas Elkin series if you have not read that yet.