The Forever Song was one of my most anticipated releases of 2014. I'd been dying to get my hands on it ever since I finished The Eternity Cure a year ago and it left me in tears. So, obviously when I came across copy on Netgalley I had to request it (even though it was the US version) and I honestly started jumping around when I got approved for it and ended up starting it straight away.

I flew through The Forever Song because I was just so desperate to find out what was going to happen to all of the characters that I'd grown to love. Also, I was dying to know whether I was right about something that had happened at the end of The Eternity Cure. Honestly, I couldn't put this book down. I ended up staying up late and getting half of the book done and as soon as I woke up the next morning I just read until I was finished. In my opinion, The Forever Song has been the best book in the trilogy. I adored book 1, book 2 was fantastic, but book 3 has just blown the other two out of the water because it was so damn amazing.

Ever since I started reading this series back in January last year, I've completely fallen in love with it. Julie Kagawa's writing style is the main thing I love about her books. She always manages to create amazing worlds that I'm able to picture and she completely draws me in. The Blood of Eden trilogy is definitely my favourite of her books.

The Forever Song picks up with Allie, Jackal and Kanin hunting down Sarren and trying to stop whatever evil, mastermind plan he's trying to put in place. Allie is struggling with the death of Zeke and is embracing her vampire side - much to the delight of Jackal. Allie realises that Sarren's trail is taking them to Eden - the last vampire free zone on Earth and Allie is determined to do whatever she can to protect it. But Sarren isn't done playing games yet. He's still got one more surprise in store for Allie.

Allie is one of my favourite female characters ever. She's such a strong character. She had a lot of inner battles about her morals and whether they were worth fighting for anymore. She's determined, badass, loyal and she's a genuinely nice person (when you don't get on her bad side). I adored Allie from the very first moment I met her and I've grown to love her even more as the trilogy went on.

Kanin is a character I've loved learning about. He's a master vampire and knows all about the disease that spread and turned humans into rabids when they were bitten. Kanin is kind of like a father figure to Allie. She's always looking to him for support and Kanin is such a compassionate vampire. He always fights the monster and does his best to restrain himself and his "children".

Jackal is a character I've actually grown to love. Now, in the first book I hated Jackal so much. In the second book, I started to like him but I did still kind of hate him. But, in The Forever Song, Jackal really grew on me and I ended up loving him by the end. He's still his usual jackass self, but he's definitely changed a lot from the Jackal we first met.

So Allie, Kanin and Jackal are trailing Sarren and trying to stop his master plan. I can't really say too much about the story without spoiling it, but it was fantastic. Sarren's little surprise for Allie was heartbreaking and brutal (also, I was right!). Sarren is one of the most disturbing characters I've ever read about. Some of the things he did during this book made my skin crawl. He's a madman.

I honestly couldn't have asked for a more perfect ending. I'm still a little sad over how some of the events went, but overall, it was a great ending. I definitely had a few tears in my eyes when I finished The Forever Song because I just loved this trilogy so much and I'm glad it had such a great ending.

Overall, The Forever Song was a fantastic conclusion to the Blood of Eden trilogy. This is one of those series that I'm honestly going to be recommending to everyone because it's one of my favourites. I am sad that it's over, but I'm glad that the ending was amazing.
on 6 May 2014
It seems like forever ago that I read and loved the second book in this wonderful trilogy. So I have to say I was a little apprehensive about starting The Forever Song, not just because it’s the conclusion to the story, but because I wasn’t sure how much I’d remember from the first two books. I didn’t have to worry for long though, because as soon as I started reading The Forever Song, everything came flooding back! The Forever Song was the most perfect and heart-wrenching conclusion to the Blood of Eden trilogy – I couldn’t have dreamt a more wonderful, beautiful and incredible ending.

Allison’s character has drastically changed since the first book in the series; she’s grown from this weedy, scared little girl, to a completely wonderful, strong, beautiful, loyal and badass woman. In The Forever Song, we get to see Allison’s dark, dangerous and murderous side – fuelled by anger and grief – and I really loved reading about her in that state of mind. It was so completely different from the other books, but just as incredible. Allie is definitely my most favourite female character that I’ve read about – I love her determination and her inner struggle with herself, to not become the monster she fears she’ll be. She’s headstrong, and erratic and often ruled by her emotions rather than common sense, but I think that just makes her even more of an amazing character.

Kanin is Allison’s sire, and a master Vampire. From the moment I was introduced to him in the first book in this trilogy, I loved him. Kanin is the most compassionate and deep and detailed secondary character that I’ve ever read about. He becomes a father figure to Allison, and there is a loyalty and connection between the two that goes beyond their blood tie. They’re family, and I’m one hundred percent sure that Kanin loves Allison like she were his own daughter, and the pride he has in her is incredible. I love Kanin’s character for all those reasons, and so many, many more.

Jackal is Allison’s blood brother of sorts – sired by Kanin years previously. He’s a sarcastic, rude, egotistical, self-involved, murdering and twisted character that you just can’t help but love - especially the more you read about him. In the first book, I hated him with a passion, but in the second I grew to love him in a weird and freaky way. And in The Forever Song, I loved him even more. He hasn’t changed since the first book, and is still awful and cruel, but there’s this comedic aura around him, and I can’t help but laugh at some of things he comes out with. You may question my sanity slightly, but read the books and judge for yourself!

Overall, I loved The Forever Song so much; I’m finding it ridiculously hard to put how I feel into words. I flew through the novel, desperate to find out what would happen next. One minute I was crying like an idiot, and the next I was laughing my head off. The Forever Song was dark, intense and filled with twists and sinister plans. I absolutely adore Julie Kagawa’s writing, she has this incredibly ability to not only create an intricately woven world, but to also make you feel like you’re right there along with the characters. She’s just absolutely phenomenal! I will be recommending this series to every single person I know who reads – I’ll be stopping people in book stores and shoving copies of the series in their arms and telling them to read it. It’s one of those series that just sticks with you, with every little detail clinging to your mind - not letting you forget it even when you’ve read the last page and put the book back on the shelf. If I could give The Forever Song, and the Blood of Eden trilogy, more than 5 stars – I would! I’d gladly give it a thousand stars, because it well and truly deserves it. If you haven’t picked up the first book yet, go do it now, you won’t regret it.
I was so excited for this series, I started it at the start of the year when I manged to pick the first book up for £1 in my local supermarket. I began reading it and though I loved the concept I though it moved to slow at the start but was optimistic knowing it was a trilogy. Then I got the second book and I loved it more than the first, i thought it was so much better, the pace of the book and the character development really came through perfectly. So when I joined my friend Amanda's read-a-thon and found out The Immortal Rules was on it and if I'd already read it, I could read another by Julie Kagawa I jumped at the opportunity to finish what I considered a good series. Sadly, it wasn't the ending to the trilogy I thought it would be. It was lacking in a lot of things.

In the first book we met Allie, Kanin and Zeke, we learnt about how the world had changed, how vampires had taken over and how they were using humans as personal bloodbags. Allie was turned at the brink of death and helped a group of humans reach Eden, the last human town where they are working on the cure for rabids. In the second book Allie had another personal mission to deal with, it took her mind of Zeke, and the bloodlust but things didn't exactly go to plan and she wound up on a more important mission than before. Still she handled it better than she thought, but still had to sacrifice so much. And in this book she had to deal with the choices she mad and what went wrong .

This book took so much longer to read than I thought it would, at first I was under the impression it was just because I had Silver Shadows waiting to read after, but when I took some days to really think about it, I realised that it wasn't that at all. The book was just not what I expected, and from what I've read it's the same way for a lot of people. Though the book had the same amount of blood, guts and darkness to it that the other two it, it didn't seem to have the..heart that the others did. It had adventure, it had twist's and turns, but it also had predictability. I knew what was going to happen, and even though I knew at the ending of book two what would happen to a certain character, it didn't make it any less disappointing when it was true. If you ask me, I think it would have been more dramatic if it didn't happen. And its hard to say that, as it will be one of the most 'WOW' things for some readers, but for me it was predictable and that made me lose interest very early.

As far as the characters go, it still had the great ones as before. Even though he's as crazy as ever, Jackal still had me laughing, though half way through I was getting sick of his constant recycling of words.I didn't like the sudden turn in Allie's character, she was moody and horrible and so concerned with her inner demon that she was a different person, and not someone I could like. In the last two book's I really loved her, I thought she was a strong minded young girl that despite everything she went through was so level headed. This book did away with that warm feeling I once had.

I wanted to like this book so much, even though its been a pretty up and down ride for me from the start, but I just couldn't see past the disappointment. It felt that there was this big build up to catching Sarren and what happened was over and done with so fast. I was just hoping for a different ending.
on 24 May 2014
Enthralling, dark and action-packed, The Forever Song is the finale instalment in Julie Kagawa’s Blood of Eden series and gosh, what an ending it was!

After her love Zeke was killed Allison has done the one thing that she said she’d never do. She’s given in to her inner monster and becoming what she is she most fears, just so she doesn’t have to face the pain of losing Zeke. Now on a journey with her sire Kanin and blood brother Jackal to try and stop Sarren from releasing the new virus that will kill everything that walks on the earth. However, Sarren being the true monster he is has left Allison a few surprises on her journey to try and distract her. But can Allison reach Sarren in time before it’s too late?

I feel like I’ve been waiting for The Forever Song for forever, but really it’s only been 3 years. For 3 years we’ve been on the Blood of Eden journey which Julie has created and of course, it was completely amazing. As usual, Julie delivers an epic finale, one that’s unforgettable. Her writing is simply brilliant and even when she’s writing dark stories there’s just something beautiful about her work. She always drags me in from start to finish and whenever I finish a book, I’m left wanting more from her. With quotes like this; "The world went red. Screaming, I leaped down into the middle of the swarm and began laying waste with my katana. Limbs and heads parted for me as I carved my way through the horde. My demon reveled in the chaos and destruction, howling in delight with every body that fell, painting the snow and the cars around me with dark blood." This is the reason Julie is one of my favourite authors!

Allison has come such a long way and I couldn’t be prouder of the person she’s become. She struggles every day but she’s completely committed to do the right thing. It helps that she has people around her that want to help her like Kanin and Zeke – even Jackal in his own twisted way. The relationship between them all really grows though The Forever Song. The bonds they form are touching and loving. They also bring a lot of humour into the story, especially Jackal. I honestly can’t remember how many times I burst out laughing because of the things he says. Simply brilliant!

The plot of the story was fast paced and really entertaining. I was so pleased with the outcome of the story – although sad for one characters future but I could see why things needed to be that way. And honestly, by the end of the story, I still wanted more even though I was completely satisfied as a reader. I definitely believe Jackal could have his own standalone book. I’d love for him to find love and I think it would be really epic to what that happen.

In all, Julie Kagawa has done it again and delivered an epic end to an awesome series. And this makes me even more excited to read Talon.
No Spoilers review for this book although possible spoilers for first two in series.

Thank you to the publisher for my ARC (Advance Review Copy) which was sent to me free to read and provide a review if wished.

Wow just simply wow, what an amazing trilogy and a fantastic ending to it all that tied up all of the loose ends but still left me wanting more (in a good way). If I could have given this series more than 5 stars for each of the books then I honestly would have. Julie Kagawa has written yet another series that has drawn me in hook line and sinker and left me feeling bereft that the series has ended but happy at the same time. I have only recently discovered Julie Kagawa from her Iron Fey series (which is one of the best YA series' I have read) and can now say that she is definitely up there in my top 10 favourite authors after finishing this Blood of Eden series as I have not been able to put the books down. I had recently been offered this arc of the third book in the series by Harlequin and so I knew I would need to purchase and read the first two in the series before reading the third and I can honestly say my money has been well spent. I have demolished this series from starting to read the first book just 14 days ago (which is a pretty tall feat nowadays for me now that I have two little ones and no longer have unlimited reading time). If you are a fan already of Julie Kagawa, enjoy YA or dystopian style books then I think you would really enjoy this series and I can't recommend it enough.

The series continues after the shock events of the second book with Zeke having been captured and tortured to death by Sarren and Allison has basically gone off the deep end allowing her 'monster' to start to over take her. Her brother Jackel is obviously reveling in this turn of character for Allison but her sire Kanin is very obviously disappointed. The three of them are continuing on their mission to hunt Sarren down and to stop him releasing the new strain of the Red Lung virus which also now attacks vampires when Allison comes to a personal crossroads in the form of a little girl checking that her mum is okay after Allison has nearly drained the mother to death. Will Allison let the inner monster take over and sacrifice the last of her humanity? Will the encounter with the new leader of Jackel's old chicago city change events for all of them? Probably the most searching question is will the three be able to stop Sarren and stop the virus being released into the world and if so at what cost?

I absolutely LOVED this book and have been grabbing it to read every chance I have had over the last 2 days as again it has been non stop from the very beginning and has left me wanting more and more. I adore Jackel's character and it does seem that he may have come over to the good side after all and I truly believe that he actually cares for Allison as his sister. The surprise that wasn't really a surprise for me (I had already suspected this) was a brilliant twist to the story and I think exactly the right move to make by the author. I was upset at one character's ending but that ending tied everything in together from all of three books and so the author must have known the exact plot line she was going along from day one and it has perfectly spun itself together when you finish the third book and recap over the other two. As I said in my reviews of both the other books I am shattered now from sitting up late at night reading as I have just been so hooked into knowing what happens next. Darn you Julie Kagawa as yet again I am knackered because of your amazing book writing talent! Also darn you Harlequin/Mira Ink for tempting me into the darkness (again!) with just my head torch for support (I have to read of an evening with a head torch near enough under the covers as my newborn is sleeping in the same bedroom as me and my husband and she will wake up if I have the light on)! Absolutely incredible series that I would highly recommend.

Blood of Eden Series:-
1) The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden: Book 1)
2) The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden - Book 2)
3) The Forever Song
I loved the first two books in this series and I so badly wanted to love this one too, but for me it fell a little flat. Perhaps if I had read it hot off the heels of the other two I may have felt a bit different. But with a little space between books Allie seemed to rub me the wrong way. Everything was doom and gloom and more than a little monotonous with her inner monologue torn between being her concern over being a monster and her determination to kill Sarren.

Kagawa provides us with all the answers to the questions that have been asked in the previous books. We got a resolution to the story and an ending that most people would be happy to walk away with but the journey back to Eden? Not quite as gripping or entertaining as it should be. I honestly contemplated putting the book down and walking away from it because the vast majority of the book was constant bickering between Allie and Jackal (think small kids in the back of the car fighting over who gets to look out which window and asking constantly "Are we there yet").

I was able to continue reading and I did find the ending riveting. All in it was a nice way to wrap up the trilogy
on 11 June 2014
The book started where it left off in book two. It was full of suspense and surprises. Allie was still angry and started to lose faith in view of what happened in book two. She nearly lost herself to her dark side a few times, which I found heartbreaking. Kanin was his patient and supportive self. Jackal was there too, despite his views on Kanin's and Allie's feelings towards humanity. He brought humour when things were grim!

It was a struggle to get to Eden to find the cure before Sarren could cause any more damage. There were so many obstacles in the way, which kept you wanting to keep on reading.

I won't say much more as I don't want to give anything away to those who might read this little blurb and have yet to read the book. I made the mistake of reading a review where there was too much detailed information, which nearly spoiled everything. I stopped myself in time and glad that I did.

It is definitely worth reading the Blood of Eden Trilogy and this last installment did not disappoint and fully deserves five stars. I agree with some of the other readers that it would be nice for Jackal to have his own book. He is a great character and I became fond of him in this book.
on 28 April 2014
Having just finished Forever Song I am left feeling bereft, a wonderful set of characters and storyline which draws you from the first page to the last sentence. We are told this is a trilogy, however the ending is open. It would be good the see the characters again, each with their own endearing features and flaws, a wonderful teen romance.

An adventure in a hard unforgiving world where Allison faces an uncertain future helped by her sire and sibling the taunting James who just lives to fight, who also under all his many faults comes through which makes him all the more the loveable rogue. Trusting her instincts and training help overcome many of the traps which they all face in trying to save vampires and humans. If you read paranormal romance this authors work will not disappoint, so pleased to have had the pleasure of reading this series, I now look forward to reading Julie's other novels, great writing style, which I find compelling.
on 28 April 2014
Five stars do not seem enough for a book this great, one minute you are on the edge of your seat with the fast paced storyline, then laughing at the banter between Allie and Jackal and finally in tears over Kanin's great sacrifice. I could not put this book down and like other reader's I would love to see a book devoted to Jackal where he truly meets his match with a very strong female because underneath all that bravado I am sure there lies a heart of gold........
on 9 May 2014
If you loved the first 2 books you gonna love this picks up where they left off and the humor between Ali and Jackal doesn't falter even laughed a few times with some of the things they say to each other and Jackal does have a heart, even found myself shouting at the book a few times i know it only a book but Julie has written the book that well that you feel like you are right there with them and i know we had a bit of a wait between book but i can say it was well worth the wait and i couldn't fault it i just hope that there is a novella book to come of it which would be good