• Pilot
  • Customer reviews

on 4 January 2015
Some people will tell you that the first season of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is not much cop. They are wrong. I'm not going to be diplomatic here, the problem is not with the show, it's with the people watching the show. (Or no longer are, if you pay attention to the ratings.) Those people have the attention span of a mayfly. The show is called Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. not Marvel's Avengers with guest appearances from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. This programme was always going to be about smartly dressed men and women driving about in black SUVs fighting crime. When it came to S.H.I.E.L.D. in the movies (Iron Man, Thor and Captain America) there was nothing to suggest that this TV show would be anything other than that.
Anyway, enough ranting. This is a great TV show, the cast are charming and since "It's all connected." you just know that Marvel have a game plan worth sticking around for. I hope that Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. runs for a few seasons more.
5 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 15 March 2015
I wasn't sure about The Agents of Shield but it's surprisingly very good. You don't get any of the super heroes but I think that's a good thing as it this is about Shield. Great acting and story telling that usually hit the mark with some great twists sprinkled throughout the season. One thing that really stands out are the production values - I think this is the first series that I've seen that is cinematic in scope both visually and sound wise. It's definitely worth a watch. Ends on a very spooky ending but I won't spoil the surprise. Roll on season two.
One person found this helpful
on 4 April 2017
Excellent show. Gets stronger as it goes on. The pace realy picks up once itvlinks in with the winter soldier movie and never lets up. HD quality is excellent on my Samsung
2 people found this helpful
on 19 March 2018
5*s for the series.
1* for the monkey they had design the BluRay menu.

I am a large fan of the Marvel SCU and a large fan of the Agents of Shield.
Its great to get to better know Shield, and some of the people who work for Shield.

As for the BluRay menu, they neglected to put in a play all button and force you to choose your episode from an unnumbered list spanning all 4 disks.So unless you have a wiki near by good luck...
on 11 September 2017
I purchased this set when it went on sale for £12.99. My kids and I were instantly hooked in this engrossing saga of Agent Coulson and his extraordinary team as they face unrelenting foes both inside and outside S.H.I.E.L.D. Of course the blu-ray set's PQ and AQ cannot be compared to the MCU movies' but this series delivers in both aspects. Extras are on the thin side yet serviceable. Would have preferred to get the digipak instead of the standard blu-ray set but I knew it has been OOP early on.
on 22 November 2014
Marvel's agents of shield doesn't disappoint it starts off slow to establish the characters but once it gets going it goes at break neck pace truely amazing what Joss Wheedon and co have achieved considering the show had to adapt on the fly to encompass events that happened in Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. But like Wheedon's previous tv shows Buffy and Angel and the regrettably short Firefly where M.A.O.S really shines is the excellent cast well fleshed out characters that have their strengths but also their weaknesses, the sets are amazing and the visual fx are very good Marvel has never looked better. And with guest spots from character's from the movies here's looking forward to season 2 which so far hasn't disappointed either.
2 people found this helpful
on 10 April 2018
Really enjoyed this first season and all the characters played well particularly Skye and May. However Fitz is a whining drip who gets increasingly on my nerves unlike the sparkling witty Simmons. Unfortunately even in later seasons Fitz remains drippy and whining
on 29 November 2015
The character personas in this series are brilliant, and the relationship between the cast members makes for entertaining viewing. Great acting by the whole team, though agent May plays her part extremely well. I find the interaction between the characters alone makes it worth watching, the good storylines lines are an added bonus. I can only hope it will be a long running series with no change in cast.
on 21 April 2016
Am becoming addicted to this wonderful team of actors. Despite a totally fantastical idea and plot, I really enjoy the mix of 'real life happenings' the humanity of the characters and their 'gifts'.
Tis wonderfully easy watching after a hard day's struggle. And that the lord for the Pause and playback buttons their speech is not always decipherable!
on 14 May 2018
Hit and miss for me. Some episodes are slow and a bit eh, other episodes i can't tear my eyes away! Overall storyline isn't that developed/obvious but it is only the first season of course.