on 4 March 2014
Two short stories that are funny takes on life in Paris when your French isn't up to much, resulting in unexpected situations! From its title, I'm guessing the second story is a taster of his book Me Talk Pretty One Day and I certainly want to read more from David.
on 14 March 2015
If you've heard any of the "Meet David Sedaris" broadcasts on radio for you may have already encountered these stories. It is easy to become a fan of David, his insight into the world around him, his observations and how he links his own experiences past a present are accomplishments in themselves. And then he goes and makes you laugh. Sometimes a big belly laugh will escape from you, other times it will be a more subtle "Ha" that takes you by surprise. But the best ones are the ones that make you giggle like a school girl.
on 5 March 2014
Hilarious! It's hard to be a funny writer, but David Sedaris seems to do it with ease. Both stories are about trying to get by in a language that is not your own, with all the comical and dire consequences. Highly recommended.
on 9 March 2014
Enjoyed these stories immensely loved the humour cannot wait to introduce this author to like-minded friends and family I know my teenage daughter ( who is officially known as a geek) Will be mightily impressed with David Sedaris
on 9 April 2014
Having heard David Sedaris reading his stories on radio, I was a little concerned that I wouldn't enjoy them without his voice to enhance the humour. I needn't have worried. These had me laughing and crying in just the same way as his broadcasts do. He is a most wonderful storyteller and everything he does is a joy to hear and read.
on 27 April 2014
Really funny. Enjoyed reading the first story aloud to my older children (aged 13 & 15). We all laughed. These were a great introduction to other stuff by David Sedaris, which I went on to buy.
on 30 March 2014
Sedaris..funny..sharp...a tasty amuse bouche to whet your appetite...buy the books and show your appreciation for this man's talent..I dare you!
on 30 March 2015
I much preferred the stories read by Mr Sedaris on radio. However, I shall read more. It may be that this was not the best selection
on 28 April 2014
Read on a plane journey, I laughed 'til I cried, worrying other passengers with shaking and snorting . Will buy the complete books.
on 11 April 2015
These are great stories. They are well written, very warm and human and I laughed so hard that I hurt myself.