Customer reviews

Glorious
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£4.00+ £1.26 shipping

on 2 March 2014
I have waited long for this debut release from Annelies, and Glorious does not disappoint. I have been listening at every opportunity since I picked up the CD from my doormat.

The title track opens the album with life and energy, bringing out the beauty of Annelies’s voice.
I Believe is the stand-out track for me, with angelic voice and melody. Just listen and dream.
How did the Welsh manage to write all the best hymn tunes? Calon Lan is a treat for the ears whether or not you understand the Welsh language, but with Welsh and English lyrics interspersed you can appreciate the perfect match. Pure in heart – and pure in voice.
Released on St David’s Day, what better way to finish than with a beautiful rendition of the Welsh National Anthem.

Highly recommended, and hoping that a full album won’t be too far behind.
on 1 March 2014
What a truly beautiful CD. The perfect vehicle for this young lady and her wonderful voice, so clear and true.
The 2 original Balsamo songs are just perfect for Annelies, they both suit her voice so well. Lyrics and melodies are beautiful. Thoroughly enjoyed listening to them
Then of course we then get the 2 traditional melodies. What can I say, I just love hear songs sung in Welsh such a musical language. Annelies certainly manages to project all the feeling and passion in both.
Cant wait to hear singing the Welsh Anthem live at Twickenham next weekend.
All in all a fabulous EP that I feel lucky to own
on 8 March 2014
I have been waiting for a long time for Annelies to release a CD. I first came across her when she was 13, six years ago. Up to now we have had to be satisfied with a few videos, of varying quality, on YouTube. It is always fascinating to watch a young singer develop.
Annelies has developed into a very accomplished singer indeed, and she is still only 19. Her partnership with Steve Balsamo gave rise to the first two songs on this 4 song EP, Glorious and I Believe. The backing instruments on both are quite powerful, but Annelies' voice is up to the challenge, soaring effortlessly over it. Her voice has a powerful yet smooth and melodic quality that is immensely appealing. These first two are new songs, written by Steve Balsamo for Annelies, and they suit her brilliantly. Thoroughly enjoyable. The remaining two songs are Welsh standards. Canon Lan is sung partly in English and partly in Welsh, and Annelies does a good job. And then of course there is the (Welsh) National Anthem. Annelies will tomorrow, as I write sing this at the England v Wales Six Nations Rugby game. It is almost enough to make me, and Englishman, support Wales. I'm sure she will do brilliantly.
Yes, this EP is well worth getting if you enjoy fine female voices, and I am hopeful that this will be the start of a long and successful recording career for Annelies. Yes, it is a hard business, and many fine artists fall be the wayside, but I believe that Annelies has the talent and support to make it. This EP is a fine start.
on 2 March 2014
I gave this EP a 5 star rating because the three songs on the EP are absolutely brilliant Annelies has a stunning voice
and although it only has three tracks its well worth buying.The title is very apt
I would recommend this EP to everyone who likes wonderful music sung by a wonderful singer
Ps look out at the end of the year for Annelies album
on 2 March 2014
I've had the pleasure of seeing Annelies perform a number of times in concert and so pre-ordered this EP as a treat for myself in celebration of St. David's Day. I certainly wasn't disappointed - the beautifully sung 'Calon Lan' and 'Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau' making really appropriate listening.

The two original songs by Balsamo and Robbins are really lovely too, and showcase the purity of her voice at its best - in fact, the title track sums it up in one word: 'Glorious'!

Well done Annelies - when can we expect to hear some more from you?
on 1 June 2014
I absolutely love Annelies' voice. None of these tracks disappointed. All very different but all equally good! Credit to Steve Balsamo and Ben Robbins for the fantastic songwriting and producing of these tracks
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 March 2014
Annelies has such a beautiful pure voice. Glorious & I believe are my 2 favourites. They are all great songs though.I wish Annelies every success for the future.
on 27 February 2014
What incredibly beautiful tracks both 'Glorious' and 'I believe' are. Annelies is a big star in the making! This ep with two songs written by another great singer Steve Balsamo, shows off the voice of Annelies perfectly, she sings effortlessly, her vocal dexterity is remarkable,a natural born singer who uses no tricks, what a find! both of the Welsh songs are movingly performed too,I think this is the start of a long and very successful career for this lovely girl and all power to Steve Balsamo for finding a great performer, let's hope a duet is on the cards sometime soon! ten out of ten.
on 18 April 2015
I love cross over music, and living in South Africa, the only way to search for new music is via the internet, reading articles on music forums. I came across a You Tube video of Annelies's Glorious. WOW, was I thrilled to hear the Crystal clear voice of this talented singer. I immediately bought this EP. I Believe is a beautiful song and cannot stop listening to it, and also the title track. I really hope this talented singer provide us as FANS with more beautifully interpreted songs soon.

I just need to commend on the biggest mistake 4 judges (IDIOTS) made on the UK's The Voice, for letting this wonderful artist slip through their fingers. If you don't buy this EP, you will make the same mistake. Thanks Annelies for sharing your gift.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 March 2014
The first two tracks 'Glorious' and 'I believe' are just gorgeous. Annelies shows a wide vocal range using a soft and clear voice making an impeccable enunciation of words.

The other two tracks 'Calon Lan' and 'Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau' Annelies is showing pride to her Welsh roots. The first is a traditional Welsh song that has become a hymn and it's traditionally sung at Rugby games. The second is the national anthem of Wales. Both songs are interpreted impeccably displaying respect and tradition to that culture.

Overall the album leaves you with a sensation of peace and comfort.