on 30 May 2014
What can I say brilliant case. I looked at the dot case and almost bought it then I saw this case. I was so glad I went with my second choice. It protects the m8 all round, I have dropped my phone twice while in this case once in the road and the second time on a drive way both times I thought I had damaged my phone but when I checked no damaged. I had a bit of trouble at first fitting my phone in the case but with the instruction everything became clear, once in the case it's a snug fit, phone is easy to use and the protective screen does not interfere with the workings of the touch screen. I can not praise this case enough. Would recommend to any one.
on 29 July 2016
I have been using this product now for almost 2 years and it has saved my phone on countless times! It is very easy to install on your phone and once on it isn't going anywhere. It makes your phone almost twice as thick, however I believe that if it was any smaller then it couldn't provide as much protection for the phone which is the only reason I got it in the first place.
The case comes as 2 pieces, the front which includes a plastic frame that goes over the front of the phone and incorporates a clear screen protector and the back which is a hard rubber edge and a solid coloured plastic back.
The case fits snugly to the phone and doesn't impede any of the functions of the phone.
The only minor draw back would be that it is a pain to get off if you need to change the sim or access the memory card. But for me it hasn't been a problem as I have only needed to do it once. The case does collect dust around the clear screen protector, but any case would do this, a tooth pick can clear most of it if required.
Overall I think this is a good case that does what it is meant to do at a good price. I would recommend this product to others. I hope this review has been helpful in assisting you with your purchase.
review image review image
on 22 August 2016
After some expensive drops of my phone, the screen smashed and so I needed a suitable cover. This one feels great. It is strong and whilst adding bulk to the phone, that is worth the quiet confidence you have that it will protect your phone. It comes with a built in screen protector, but it is the cheapest part of the case, and I found it made the screen unusable in bright sunlight (it reflected the sunlight back into your eyes). I was very easily able to take the cover off and pull the screen away from the case (it is held in place by a thin line of glue round the outside). Whilst it means I have no screen protector per se, I'm comfortable that the 3 to 4mm that the case extends past the screen (from the screen, the height of the case border is 3-4mm) is enough to keep the screen off the floor. The grey edges of the case have started to pick up colour from my pocket, going slightly blue, but doesn't really detract from the case. Overall pleased with the case, and would recommend it.
on 23 July 2016
This is the first time I've bothered to review an item on Amazon but just short of 2 years has gone by since I bought this case so I feel I'm in a good position to give a review. I'll keep it short, since I bought this case in Aug 2014, I've had it on my phone constantly up to now (july 2016). I've dropped my phone countless times onto the pavement and other hard surfaces, i've even dropped sharp, pointed objects straight onto my phone's screen. But when I take my phone out of the case, it's absolutely pristine. Not a scratch, dent or scuff on the metal case. The screen is perfect, it looks like a brand new phone. The screen protector is very thick so anything sharp dropped on it will not pierce all the way through. After 2 years I'm replacing this case only because the screen protector has got very scratched up after 23 months of abuse. I have recommended this case to multiple people over the time I've owned it
on 14 January 2017
This is a hard one, as I hate giving a product a bad rating. The thing is as a phone protector it is amazing, you'll never have to worry about damaging the outside of your phone.

That being said, if you're like me and you like to have your phone plugged in while you are playing a game on your phone, you'll probably end up damaging the LCD panel because the case sadly doesn't allow your phone to breathe / cool itself down. So now I have a phone with a burn on my screen where teh cpu is as it heated up while i was playing a game on it.
on 22 December 2014
The case arrived in very plain packaging. I was a bit surprised by that.
However, it doesn't detract from the fact that this is an extremely robust construction.

I had no issue installing my phone, however I recommend care as I have a vvery tiny crease in the top of the protection for the screen. Hardly noticeable though.

You might have an issue getting the front off to install the screen, I'd recommend a
small flat screwdriver or such to get a little leverage.

Goes on easily when you apply pressure, don't worry about it breakin, iit won't!

Best apply pressure from one of the corners first, then follow around the edges.
Construction is awesome. Mine is the light blue colour , which does look a little Fisher price but can't complain about it not being different from the rest.

Best bit? Actually has flaps that stay sealed!
on 4 May 2015
I have always been an otterbox user. However my last one became too soft with use and began to let a lot of dust in. Their exense doesn't reflect their longevity which led me to search for protective pastures new.

This oddly named case is excellent. I will agree with many who have gone before me; it is a tight fit and a little bit tough to fit. However, once fitted, the phone is fully protected and sealed from dust. I use mine with an auxiliary screen protector beneath, just in case and it is brilliant.

I have dropped it on concrete and hard wood floors so far and it has protected the phone perfectly. My only slight gripe is that the integral plastic screen-cover it came with has already picked up one or two gouges/scratches from my keys. In no way does this impede the main function of the case; protecting the phone. If anything, it is my fault for introducing keys to case in the same pocket.

Cheaper than an otterbox and quite possibly longer lived, which is nice.
on 18 October 2014
Not a bad case. Bought it to replace the soft case that comes with the HTC One M8 in Europe. The soft case after about 6 months use had started to warp and break, letting grit in around the back to scratch the aluminium.

Well, this case seems well made. I've previously used an Urban Armour Gear case, which to be fair felt a bit more rubbery and rugged. The SUPCASE seems to feel like a lighter-weight plastic (lightweight = good, but also feels cheap and less durable) than the UAG case.

What this case has over the UAG though, is the front screen protector. It's quite flimsy looking, but at least it offers a little protection. Not sure i'd test it against keys, like I have with ZAGG protectors. Another issue with the protector is that it doesn't "stick" to the phone screen. This was fine at first, but now there's a small portion of the screen that seems to be making contact with the protector. You can't see it when the phone is on, but it's very noticeable when it is off.

Overall, I feel this case will protect my phone for most situations. It's a bargain, but it does feel a little more cheaply constructed than other cases I have used. I also think they may be missing a trick by not offering more colour combinations!
on 15 October 2014
This case is fine if you are likely to give your phone a hard time or drop it regularly, it will certainly protect it. The only thing to be aware of is that the fitted plastic screen protector makes the screen less sensitive. Maybe ditch the plastic screen protector, as I found it a bit annoying that my keystrokes were sometimes not registering when using the onscreen keyboard, so you have to repeat the tap on the letter. I did send the case back for this reason. A glass screen protector such as the Casemate is a better solution for a screen protector, but not sure it will fit with this case, so check that. Otherwise, if you are a bit OCD about your beautiful HTC One M8, this case does the job, so if you're not concerned about the sensitivity of the screen, it's probably a good choice (for example if you work on a building site!)
on 10 February 2016
Great protector. Makes the phone very robust to use not afraid of damage if it drops. The phone fits perfectly well. Although little fiddly to insert the front case into the main housing.
My reason for 3 stars is the screen protector. This does not fit flush to the phone and there is a pocket of air in-between the phone and the screen protector. This makes it very annoying as every time you tap on the screen, you feel the pressure in order to make contact. In order to solve this matter, I removed the screen protector which is simply stuck down with glue. Then i cut the ends where the speakers of the M8 sit, and put those back on the case otherwise the residue of the glue on the case would damage the phone. JOB DONE!