on 25 August 2014
In my youth I had spent so much time, some would say too much, at the cinema. I remembered seeing films that featured stories written by Edgar Wallace. Crime and criminology have intrigued me over the years. As a would be prospective writer I have tried to write stories with a criminal undertone, certainly nothing I could make up would ever be in the same league as the master. I enjoyed this ebook for, for me, the nostalgia factor and for the brilliance of the story material. I recommed it.
on 23 March 2014
This collection is a must for all fans of the old British crime thriller. It includes, as far as I can see, all of the crime novels as well as all of the stories of The Four Just Men, and J G Reader as well as many more.
on 28 October 2015
I had never read any publication by Wallace until 6 months ago but seeing this book in the AMAZON library I spent the sum of 1 pound & "93 pence and have devoured every word written therein.Memories. returned to me of EDGAR LUSTGARDEN and the television series of Wallace's stories.PAUL ROBESON in " SANDERS OF THE RIVER" which I saw as a boy some 75 years ago.I can honestly recommend to any book reader that this book is a must at the price.Wallace ranks among the CHARLES DICKENS'S "VICTORHUGO'S "MARKTWAIN'S "CONAN DOYLE"S "P.D.JAMES" "RUTH RENDELL'S et all. I would recommend this classic compendium of stories to everyone.
on 20 April 2014
Having already read one of his mysteries I thought I would invest another 9th. What fantastic value for money. Highly recommended!
on 7 May 2014
I am working my way through the works, and thoroughly enjoying them. However a number of typos and in Chapter 7 of SILINSKI - MASTER CRIMINAL I was perturbed to find a large number of OCR errors. To some extent the majority of the typos can be forgiven but it is clear the work has never been proof read. I would hope for better. One for poor product, 5 for content
on 5 May 2014
Books for sale to the unwary by sellers who got them for free themselves. You do not need to buy public domain, out-of-copyright books that volunteers have kindly made available at sites like Project Gutenberg and Roy Glashan's Library. They put the time and work into making these e-Books for anyone to enjoy, then unscrupulous others put them up here and there for sale. Shameful. Would-be buyers beware. Prices can be temptingly low, but you'll still be paying for that which you - just like the seller - can obtain for free. For example, you will find all the Wallace stories in this book at Roy's site ( [...] ), along with others by Robert E. Howard, Zane Grey, Max Brand and more. Any desired conversion of books to Kindle format can be easily done with a free program like the excellent Calibre, while Gutenberg books are already in several popular formats. Happy free reading!
77 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 November 2015
Great value for money. This series is an excellent way to build a library of classic works at low cost. In one file and well organised. Easy to use and looks best on colour devises such as fire.
on 14 April 2014
I am really enjoying all the hard to get work of Edgar Wallace as well as the old favourites. Enjoy
on 16 May 2015
Delighted to find and re read old favourites. Thought they were no longer available
on 24 September 2014
Super book-super stories-super value-super author