Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 10 November 2014
Great reissue for those who did not buy the original album back in March, "A perfect contradiction: Outsiders' edition" features the original 11-track set, plus 3 brand new songs, and recent collaboration with British record production duo Sigma, "Changing", (Faith's first ever No. 1 hit). These extra tracks further enhance the more commercial direction Paloma took with this record. Also accompanied by a second disc of a live set, "Outsiders' edition" is a generous bundle of studio and live tracks, offering listeners a more complete insight, and a chance to delve deeper into her artistic vision. Paloma Faith remains an eccentric and enigmatic figure, with telling, thoroughly entertaining songs. Although "A perfect contradiction" cannot reach the heights of debut album Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful? and its follow-up Fall To Grace (Deluxe), it is a pretty solid effort, and this nicely assembled repackage will reward those who decide to be tempted by Faith.
review image review image review image
44 comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 November 2014
There is not a bad track on this, but I particularly love "Other Woman" and 'Ready for the Good Life". Some of the tracks have a flavour of Motown (my favourite genre), some are just great fun, and some show that Paloma has a great soul voice. Mostly, the album has me dancing as though no-one's there, and singing into my hairbrush. Love it!! In addition, I saw her performing recently and she is amazing live - do see her on her tour if you can.
on 27 April 2014
It's been quite a wait and so I got the album as soon as I knew it was available. Initially I was a bit disappointed as Fall to Grace was so good and immediately had me listening again and again. Now that I've listened quite a few times it's starting to grow on me. Oddly enough I feel like the later tracks are better and I'm particularly not so impressed with track 1 which is the first single.
on 6 April 2014
I love listening to this cd. I have only just really sat up and taken notice of her since seeing her on Graham Norton show a few weeks ago singing 'Can't rely on you'. On some of the tracks she sounds a little bit like Amy Winehouse really soulful and a very strong voice, I like it.
on 29 December 2015
Fantastic album. I am a huge Paloma Faith fan, love her voice and honesty within her songs. I have to admit that it usually frustrates me no end when artists release an album & then re-release it months later with an extra track added. Although there is extra tracks on the first disc-there is a whole new album with it. I watched her live at the Royal Albert Hall & honestly one of the best I have watched in a long while. Paloma gives everything she's got, not only a great female vocalist (who does write most of her own songs-a bonus in my book) but she also put's on a show-which reflects in the live album without having seen the show. I have had it on continuous since purchasing. Highly recommend.
on 4 December 2015
Got this album for one of my 50th Birthday presents as have always loved her music and my daughter decided to treat me and have to confess the CD is "simply awesome" and now a true fan and will be buying more from the singer once she releases new material and if your undecided PLEASE give this a punt as you will certainly NOT be disappointed, if you are about to order it check out the special "outsiders edition" as you get 15 tracks instead of 11 on the normal version and just know that there is nothing worse then after you have bought an album to find out either there is a better edition out offering you more in this case 4 tracks for the same money or a fraction extra.... This has happened to me so MANY times before and now I wait normally a few months before I rush out and part with my hard earned pennies, waiting to see if that happens with the New Adele 25 album as it is a knocking bet,,,

Anyway,enough of me rambling on and just want to say have given this a 5 star rating and it "floats my boat" and Paloma Faith has certainly put her OWN stamp on the modern music of TODAY.........
on 20 April 2015
As a person I think Paloma is great, she is funny, zany, mad, and overall seems to be a lovely person. As for her music I knew very little about it. One night I heard a song on the radio and thought to myself how much I liked it. It was only when it had finished I was aware Paloma Faith sung it. On that note I decided to buy the A Perfect Contradiction as Only Love Can Hurt Like This was on it. Its a great album there is not a song on it I don't like. On the strength of that I have brought her other two albums and are pleased to bits that I have. A great song a great album and a great voice.
on 21 February 2015
Love the album, I purchased this cd and sat back and listened to it but had that nagging disappointment thanks to the over indulgence of a nappy rashed sound engineer who has ears the size of 5 pence piece doing his or her bit to launch it into the realms of the "loudness wars" going on these days. I personally do not think Paloma's talents deserve this or do any other artist. Great songs just a lousy sound job by a third rate sound engineer who deserves a two pound hammer over their knuckles.
on 1 March 2015
Just brilliant. I absolutely love Paloma, so unique, a breath of fresh air from all the fakes and bores like gaga and beyonce prancing about in their underwear to sell records. Only love can hurt like this is a great moving song that will have you singing along. This cd was bought as a present and the recipient was very happy.
on 29 July 2015
Prompt delivery as always from Amazon. Brilliant album and is constantly played in my car. Love every song on the album. Thank you Paloma Fraith. This cd was recommended by a friend and it certainly did not disappoint.