on 29 December 2015
Fantastic album. I am a huge Paloma Faith fan, love her voice and honesty within her songs. I have to admit that it usually frustrates me no end when artists release an album & then re-release it months later with an extra track added. Although there is extra tracks on the first disc-there is a whole new album with it. I watched her live at the Royal Albert Hall & honestly one of the best I have watched in a long while. Paloma gives everything she's got, not only a great female vocalist (who does write most of her own songs-a bonus in my book) but she also put's on a show-which reflects in the live album without having seen the show. I have had it on continuous since purchasing. Highly recommend.
on 20 April 2015
As a person I think Paloma is great, she is funny, zany, mad, and overall seems to be a lovely person. As for her music I knew very little about it. One night I heard a song on the radio and thought to myself how much I liked it. It was only when it had finished I was aware Paloma Faith sung it. On that note I decided to buy the A Perfect Contradiction as Only Love Can Hurt Like This was on it. Its a great album there is not a song on it I don't like. On the strength of that I have brought her other two albums and are pleased to bits that I have. A great song a great album and a great voice.
on 21 February 2015
Love the album, I purchased this cd and sat back and listened to it but had that nagging disappointment thanks to the over indulgence of a nappy rashed sound engineer who has ears the size of 5 pence piece doing his or her bit to launch it into the realms of the "loudness wars" going on these days. I personally do not think Paloma's talents deserve this or do any other artist. Great songs just a lousy sound job by a third rate sound engineer who deserves a two pound hammer over their knuckles.
on 4 August 2015
Despite the international success of a few singles from the album, beyond that the other songs are fillers. Listened to the album maybe twice...
Paloma is clearing a great vocalist and canny, I can't back the producers of some of these tracks. They are definitely of lesser quality than the hit singles. This is probably why the buzz has died down since 'Only Love can hurt like this'
on 1 March 2015
Just brilliant. I absolutely love Paloma, so unique, a breath of fresh air from all the fakes and bores like gaga and beyonce prancing about in their underwear to sell records. Only love can hurt like this is a great moving song that will have you singing along. This cd was bought as a present and the recipient was very happy.
on 14 March 2015
The best of Paloma's work so far. One or two tracks I am not overly keen on but otherwise a great CD. Love the general feel of the album and the retro vibe with a hint of Amy Winehouse coming through. Been in my CD player in the car for a while now and seems set to stay for a bit longer
on 29 July 2015
Prompt delivery as always from Amazon. Brilliant album and is constantly played in my car. Love every song on the album. Thank you Paloma Fraith. This cd was recommended by a friend and it certainly did not disappoint.
on 1 April 2015
I loved her previous albums but on this one she seems to have lost her charm. There are a couple of stand out tracks but the others seem to be her 'doing her version' other artists. I liked the fact she was different so I am rather disappointed with this effort.
on 22 December 2017