Customer reviews

on 23 August 2017
This one deals with humans being taken moments before their death and transported into the past. The FAR past. Like surrounded by dinosaurs past. (Yes, I know that statement will offend the purists. Get over it.)
The mixed group from all times and places really works well. I found myself thinking about how if you were suddenly dropped into a hostile environment with ancient Samurai, real Romans, people from Atlantis and actual Indian tribes what would happen? Could you work together to survive? How do you even talk to each other to find out?
This isn't a space opera at this time which is why I said that it's atypical for Saxon Andrew. I'm sure it will come up sooner or later. (Probably sooner, it's just a trilogy!) You'll have to read the book to find out why I'm positive that things have only begun to kick off with this cracking series.
on 18 September 2015
It's a bit of an enigma, this series -and I'm writing this about all three books- because the author can obviously create a mildly reasonable story. Maybe not a terribly tense story, but a story nonetheless. What he can't do, is write. I mean, he cannot write at the level of a secondary school student expecting a middling grade. Sentences are simple and short. Not a problem in itself, but when there is paragraph after paragraph of simple stuff like: 'He did this. He did that. She looked here. He saw her look.' In one paragraph in book three, I counted EIGHT consecutive sentences starting with the word 'he'. As we say to primary school kids: learn some sentence openers. There are numerous errors with verbs, especially the past simple, too. It's a shame and it makes for frustrated reading, spoiling an otherwise moderately good tale. It's hard to believe that the author has written so many books with such a poor grasp of the storyteller's art.
The story, as I say, is fair but it lacks the really deep troughs of a grab-you-by-the-throat adventure. People are in peril, some die but there is always a quick, contrived relief. Am I reading books for ten-year-olds? Is that where I went wrong? Make us sweat, really hit us in the pit of the stomach and don't let us off the hook. Toy with your readers' emotions, even if they are only ten.
Why am I tearing the trilogy to pieces yet I'm giving it three stars? Because I read all three books in a week and enjoyed doing so. Maybe the third one went a bit wobbly towards the end but how much better it would be if some serious story-teller's craft was dripped over this work. I'm reluctant to read any of the other writings by this author but maybe one day.
Read, endure, enjoy?
on 26 April 2015
this book quite surrprised me really good story line held my attention through out the complete book was sorry when i finished reading that book.l hope the next book is just as good as this one, five stars.
on 23 April 2014
Just a very good read, took some time to get into the story, was good at the end what you expect from this writer, that little bit different
on 28 March 2014
this is different but totally enjoyed this book well written would read from this author again never dwelled on one thing to much kept going
on 4 April 2015
I like science fiction I would recommend this book to friends was a good story and great characters really good read
on 20 November 2014
brilliant book i bought the second one as soon as i finished this one
on 9 November 2014
Very good
on 17 June 2014
Great concept. Unoriginal, but that should not matter if the story and characters are well developed. Shallow, juvenile and very disappointing.
on 5 March 2014
i found this book to be a fun read. could not turn the pages fast enough .looking forward to the next instalment