Customer reviews

Sweet November (1968)
Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:£6.99

VINE VOICEon 27 November 2011
I interviewed Anthony Newley back in the early 90's for the Anthony Newley Society and we spoke about his work on Sweet November. He had many happy memories of the movie but was less than happy with his co-star Sandy Dennis.
Despite his differences - "I like ladies to behave like ladies..... Sandy was a toughie!"
Armed with this knowledge you will total marvel at how good an actor Mr Newley was, as there is no indication in his performance (or Ms Dennis' to be fair) that there was anything other than real love on the set!
After the abortion of a movie remake, you can watch this original and witness a simply terrific movie. But keep a box of tissues nearby!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 13 August 2011
I want this film to be released on DVD for the uk as I don't have a region 1 DVD player . I love this film, Anthony Newley is great as the man who falls for the delightful heroine. It is so much better than the Keanu Reeves remake . It the sort of film to watch cuddled up on the sofa , with a box of chocolates and sink into the romance. I hope it will be produced for the UK market ,because at the moment I have to scour the film listing to see when it is on and try to record , and hope the 3 men in my house don't delete. If you get the chance you must watch it and join me in asking for it for the Uk
44 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 March 2015
Fantastic film! Wanted this film for ages, love Amazon for stocking it,it's a classic tale much better than the updated version.
on 7 June 2013
Had been looking forward to sharing this film with a Tony Newley fan but only a third through the film pixilated then stalled - nothing could make it move backwards sidewards or forwards! Gave up - most disappointing!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse