Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.86

on 25 March 2014
I enjoyed this book and would wholeheartedly recommend it. It has a good storyline with a nice little love story in it which is not in the way of the whole storyline in the book. Worth a read
on 18 February 2014
Tragic Desires by A.m Hargrove

Bookworms Book Review

Gemini Sheridan, The heroine in this novel is an amazing character you can connect with from the very beginning. She’s feisty,
captivating and you instantly feel the need to help her, you want to be the friend or relative telling her it will be ok. I loved her she’s believable and honest, she
lived with her Mother with no extended family to speak of. Gemini lives a secluded life until the day her mother dies and she find herself on her own,
she finds a freedom she never had and picks herself up and makes a life for herself.

Gemini’s only release is the thing she loves the most riding her mountain bike across country terrain, she dreams of making it big in this field and entering races and becoming a marketing specialist for a mountain bike manufacturer.
But then her life changes drastically after a bike accident which leaves her dreams shattered and her life destroyed as well as her health. She’s left with a condition known as post concussion syndrome and is plagued by headaches daily. She hits rock bottom and turns to drugs and alcohol to help her numb the pain which in turn makes her vulnerable and unprepared for what lays ahead because things are about to spin on their head and turn her safe world even more upside down, and little does she know she’s going to need all the help she can get, but with no one to turn to the only help she has is.…

Drexel Wolfe, The hero in this novel is everything you would want from a lead man, he’s quick, clever, charming, and a man of his word. He’s a Private Investigator who leaves no stone uncovered. Ex Military, he works alongside the FBI. A man you need in a crisis, a trustworthy no nonsense doer. Thats when he first sets eyes on Gemini Sheridan. He’s on an undercover job when its clear to him that Gemini is drawing attention to herself that not even she’s aware of, and its big, bigger then her and bigger than him.
But like all good lead men he puts himself on the line to protect and save her and goes way beyond the lines of a PI but he can’t help himself, he’s hooked and intrigued to find out himself who the real Gemini Sheridan is, and its now more certain than ever that he can help her work out the mystery that has become her life.
Gemini needs answers, and so do other people. But one thing is for sure, he’s not going to let her out of his life, even though she has an impulse to run he always finds her.

From the first page until the last i was completely hooked, this novel had it all Characters that you could connect with, a story that is believable and flowed seamlessly
from page to page, chapter to chapter the plot was well thought out and full of suspense and action intrigue and romance i loved it and would highly recommend this book to anyone .
on 3 June 2014
Sorry to be so blunt but I couldn't even finish this book it was so bad. Far fetched, badly written story with laughable sex scenes and bad characters. I downloaded this book for free, thank goodness, I would have been really angry if I had paid for it. There are so many good books out there no need to waste time on this one. It has prompted me to go back and review the good books I have read and give talented writers the credit they deserve.
on 18 February 2014
Bookworms Book Review

Gemini Sheridan, The heroine in this novel is an amazing character you can connect with from the very beginning. She's feisty,
captivating and you instantly feel the need to help her, you want to be the friend or relative telling her it will be ok. I loved her she's believable and honest, she

Gemini's only release is the thing she loves the most riding her mountain bike across country terrain, she dreams of making it big in this field and entering races and becoming a marketing specialist for a mountain bike manufacturer.
But then her life changes drastically after a bike accident which leaves her dreams shattered and her life destroyed as well as her health. She's left with a condition known as post concussion syndrome and is plagued by headaches daily. She hits rock bottom and she turns to drugs and alcohol to help her numb the pain which in turn makes her vulnerable and unprepared for what lays ahead because things are about to spin on their head and turn her safe world even more upside down, and little does she know she's going to need all the help she can get, but with no one to turn to the only help she has is....

Drexel Wolfe, The hero in this novel is everything you would want from a lead man, he's quick, clever, charming, and a man of his word. He's a Private Investigator who leaves no stone uncovered. Ex Military, he works alongside the FBI. A man you need in a crisis, a trustworthy no nonsense doer. Thats when he first sets eyes on Gemini Sheridan. He's on an undercover job when its clear to him that Gemini is drawing attention to herself that not even she's aware of, and its big, bigger then her and bigger than him.
But like all good lead men he puts himself on the line to protect and save her and goes way beyond the lines of a PI but he can't help himself, he's hooked and intrigued to find out himself who the real Gemini Sheridan is, and its now more certain than ever that he can help her work out the mystery that has become her life.
Gemini needs answers, and so do other people. But one thing is for sure, he's not going to let her out of his life, even though she has an impulse to run he always finds her.

on 11 June 2014
To begin this review let me start by saying that I read this book in barely 24 hours and u work full time and have 2 children so to say I was hooked was an understatement! Downloaded this book as a freebie before going in holiday and never got round to it so it was next on my list when I got home.

This is a great story you can't help but love the characters both Gemini and Drexel are amazing! I'm def crushing on Drexel a little bit. There is a bit of sex in the book but that's not what makes it great. The plot has so many twists and turns that I just couldn't help but keep reading at every available opportunity (I'm talking reading whilst cooking, on the commute, every spare minute at work and prob a few mins when I should have been working! And most of the night lol I only need a few hours sleep to function!) I needed to know how it ended and I wasn't disappointed! I won't reveal what happens but I'd definetly recommend this book to everyone and if it's not free anymore it's def worth every penny. I'm off to buy some more of this author now! I need my next fix...
on 13 June 2014
This book is definitely a perfect mix of mystery and a love story. And the two lead characters are each fantastic in their own rights.

If I'm completely honest, I had read the first one in this series and assumed this book would be along a similar line which it isn't. This book has a lot of mystery that keeps you concentrating throughout.

If I had known in advance that it was a bit mystery/conspiracy theories based would I have bought it?- no.

Am I glad I bought it and read it? - yes!

Although working out mysteries is not my usual type of book, there was enough of a beautiful love story that appealed to me and lead to me really enjoying the book.
Definitely an author to recommend.
on 12 February 2015
I found this book to be an amazing page turner. The pace and storyline were strong to be enough to stand up without the romance and vice versa. This book gets the adrenaline going for romance and suspense. I loved it, which is why I've given it five stars and would strongly recommend anyone who likes gritty romances to read it. You'll find it very hard to put down and the characters will stay with you long after the book is finished....
on 10 May 2014
This book had me hooked from day 1, 4 nights later I have finished the only disappointing thing is I can't give it more stars. So much information you feel for both characters I want to say much more but without giving away bits of the book I can't. At the time of reading I downloaded this book for free however I would have paid up to £5 for this book and I never ever spend that much. Excellent read and in my top 3 :)
on 6 March 2014
took me a while to getting into story dont usually read many stories of this genre totally different to other storylines I've read by a.m.Hargrove.when i eventually got into story enjoyed it loved drexel & gemini relationship,it was unusual circumstances how they met he saved her life & she will be thankful for rest of her life.there meeting was fate & love was on there side.
on 21 December 2015
I really enjoyed the first book in this series and assumed that I would like this one too, but I just could not get into it.

I didn't feel the chemistry at all between Dexler and Gemini. Nor could I get a read on Gemini at all. Also, the whole plot just was boring to me.

I stopped reading at the halfway point. Won't be reading any more in this series.