on 27 May 2014
I found this book to be stereotypical 'doomsday prepper' genre. It presumes much and assumes the reader agrees with the author's point of view. The action is pretty fast paced and this kept me reading whilst wishing for some greater depth in the characters,which I did not find in this novella and hopefully will in the next. Not a bad read, but not the best.
on 14 August 2017
Good start to the series
on 3 May 2014
Found this book whilst looking for something a bit different to read from my normal thriller's and I am so glad I downloaded this one. Zombies would not normally be my reading choice, more my daughters but something about this book made me read the free sample, after which I was hooked. If you like a well written story this author could write anything and you would want to read it. Anyway I only write reviews when the book is exceptional which this one is. It's a believable story if you believe in zombies (or even bio warfare ) which are only part of the story, the adventures, fights for survival against other humans as well as zombies make for a great read. A real page turner. I can't wait for the next instalment
on 23 March 2014
Travis has left the Forces and is on a river rafting trip with his friend, Pete, and a small group, including Jim, one of the architects of the Armageddon that is taking place without the rafters knowledge. At the end of their trip they begin to find out what has happened.
Travis just wants to go and find his son in Dallas, but first he needs to find somewhere safe for the rest of the group. He then feels he has to help the beleagered community, facing hundreds og bikers and drug cartel members, controlled by a vicious woman. She is part of the shadowy organisation that caused the plague.
Travis is a great hero and his friends sympathetic and likable. Roll on book 2.
on 31 March 2014
This has a well thought out plot.
Good characters and I look forward to the next in the series as the plot develops.
on 20 March 2014
I love how this was written, how the story developed and the characters grew.

I hate that it stopped where it did and that it has me hankering for much more

One of the best written zapocalypse novels I have read to date
on 22 December 2014
I really enjoyed First Wave. I have really gotten into Zombie novels lately, and JT Sawyer has not disappointed in this genre. While not overloading the reader with the specs of each piece of equipment that is mentioned, Mr Sawyer does stand out as actually getting the details correct when it comes to the equipment used by the characters.
The story is both exciting and well paced, keeping on track and focused, which is a nice change from some of the books I've read lately that seem to jump all over the place.
on 18 March 2014
A refreshing take on the zombie apocalypse. Smart, exciting & educational all at the time. Soldiers, psychos, mad scientists & zombies all come together in a fast paced tale that leaves you wanting more.
on 11 November 2014
Its ok, I should have read the blurb a bit more. There are tow types of zombie books the survivalist and the society fights back, This is the first one. Ex Army survivalist and others ranchers farmers taking on gangsters and zombies,

I prefer the second, Society fighting back against the zombies.
on 16 May 2014
This took a while to get started, but did get better. Too much detail was paid to unimportant aspects. That said, it did pick up as it went. I chuckled at the imagination of the author when it came to a conclusion. Just a little too far fetched at the end. Not the best, but worth the price.