Still ploughing thru this as I write, it being a follow-up to Real Rare Rockabilly. Then as now, 75 selections, some I've got nodding acquaintance with, but mainly never heard of. Derrell Felts, Chaparrels, Larry Brinkley, Lyn Pratt, Eddie Gaines, Gene Sisco, Charlie Feathers, Curly Griffin, Art Adams, Jimmy Stewart, Junior Dean, Hasil Adkins, Emanons, Jackie Morningstar, Joe Poovey, Kent Westbury, Orangie 'Ray' Hubbard (I met him at his home in Cincinnati!), these I'm familiar with, maybe a couple more. But the likes of Lucky Plank and Custer Bottoms are just names, odd at that! All mid-to-uptempo, plenty searing guitar (not much steel so far), bull fiddle ably slapped, honky piano, some sax, the odd fiddle, all the right ingredients, early 50s to 1960 if the dates are right. It's top Div.2/bottom Div.1 in the 'billy stakes for me, I think I'm enjoying it. Maybe too much in one hit? (Is this a complaint? - I don't think so!).

Note from journeyman Brian Parks concentrates on Glen Glenn, Feathers, Adkins and 'Groovy' Joe Poovey, so nothing new there. Dark blue sleeve, label details printed in weenie print in red, I had to use specs AND a magnifying glass to read 'em! Triple fold sleeve, beneath each CD you get recording dates. Iffy sound on a couple, but I put that down to original recording techniques. Super value, a researcher's delight, takes me back to my retailing glory days of the 70s, boots, repros, LPs, rockabilly this'n'that. I'd like to think I'm not the only one with "?" after (most) titles.
on 5 July 2014
Quite a few really good performances on this set, many (in fact, the vast majority) of which I've never heard before. One of my favourite tracks of all time is here- Rockin' In The Graveyard- but two tracks before this one is one of the strangest recordings I've heard. I don't know if it was recorded on stage, in his house, or just poorly produced in a studio, but it is certainly interesting! For anybody trying to build up a collection of rockabilly music by artists other than the recognised 'stars', then this issue along with the Real Rare Rockabilly compilation, also from One Day Music, is an inexpensive way to do it. Great value. P.s. If anybody is wondering about Rock & Roll Rhythm, this IS the recording which appears on other issues as a Mickey Hawks track (apparently he & Moon Mullins were both heavily involved in the Night Raiders).
on 30 May 2014
I've been collecting Rockabilly since Elvis's 'Mystery Train' and some of these are totally unknown to me. I know it's only a shortcut to putting prices up but I would have liked a few more original label sources - but hey! that's just me. Overall a pleasant surprise.
on 9 April 2014
Fantastic 3 cd set of red hot Rockabilly from One Day. The first cd is worth the money alone as it is none stop high octane stuff. A cd to have if you are looking for some of the rarer items from the Rockabilly era
on 27 April 2014
WOW!! This collection really blew me away! Some of the tracks I already have on various cd's and/or vinyl, but a lot of the tracks I'd never heard before. This is a must have for the "hard core" rockin' crowd.(Happy clappy jive bunnies steer clear!). Turn up the volume and it's almost like being at the Rockabilly Rave. It'll have you boppin' around the living room for sure.
Stop reading this and just buy it. You won't be sorry.
on 19 May 2014
Was very pleased with this cd as it was a three cd set about seventy tracks and not one filler.Amazing bargin well recomended to any one who loves there Rockabilly they will be in heaven.
on 14 April 2014
Easily the best Rockabilly Compilation I have ever heard.There is something for everyone who loves Rockabilly here.You won't be disappointed
on 10 May 2014
Really Great CD, l really enjoy this type of Music of which l grew up with, it keeps me young at heart!
on 5 April 2015
this has some excellent tracks that you just can't get. loved it!!!
on 5 August 2014
were have these artist been all my life? excellant