on 9 March 2014
After watching the admittedly excellent Lego Movie at my local fleapit in 3D, about halfway through, I wondered if I'd enjoy the Lego Batman 2 Movie more than its broadly similar feature length big budget brethren. A few days later, I took the plunge and am very glad I did!

Amongst other things, the musical score made lots of 'nods' to the classic 1989 Danny Elfman Batman movie theme, the 1990s Batman: The Animated Series theme music as well as the John Williams Superman movie theme whenever a certain Kryptonian appeared. Also, a lot of directorial nods to the unusual camera angles found in the same 1989 Bat Movie as employed by director Tim Burton.

I appreciate the fact that we see the 'grim' Batman here; ever since the groundbreaking 1986 four issue The Dark
Knight Returns comics written and drawn by Frank (300, Sin City) Miller, Batman has routinely been portrayed as a grim avenging creature of the night. Even on The Lego Movie, Batman is a brooding presence (of sorts!) but I like this approach - here it gives an adult friendly feeling and fits in nicely.

The plot is simple - Lex Luthor loses the Gotham Man of the year competition and swears revenge on its winner, one Bruce (Batman) Wayne, with some assistance from a certain clown prince of crime. Cue some amusing and entertaining super hero shenanigans, an eventual and brilliant appearance by the rest of the Justice League - Wonder Woman, the Flash and Green Lantern marshalled from the space bound Justice League Watch Tower 23,000 Miles above the Earth by the Martian Manhunter, Batman, Robin and Superman can finally get to work and shut down the malevolent duo of Lex Luthor and the Joker!

This is a new DVD I'll be watching a lot in the years to come. The chances of the Man Of Steel sequel featuring Batman and Wonder Woman being anywhere near as joyous and as uplifting as this Lego Batman 2 Movie are pretty slim!

And if the magnificence of the main feature wasn't enough for you, there are a number of fun extras such as fan made Lego Batman shorts to three full length episodes from the recent child-friendly animated series Batman: The Brave And The Bold. "Scorn Of The Star Sapphire" is a great choice as it reveals that a certain Green Lantern villain is a guilty secret he struggles to keep a lid on.

Mere animation being better written than live action? Hmmmn... Anyway, order this Lego Batman 2 The Movie - you will NOT be disappointed!
on 28 December 2015
From beginning to end, I was in stitches. The moment the 1989 movie's music played at the start, I knew I'd love it. The voice actors did a brilliant job with the characters, especially batman and the joker.
Great family fun!
on 18 December 2014
A very good film that begins like a Lego-version of the film trilogy, then shows a little of the classic BTAS style, and eventually becomes something original, with a fresh storyline. The only reason fro me dropping a star is that the percentage of humour and one-liners were less compared to the path-breaker, i.e. "The Lego Movie". Recommended.
on 9 February 2014
I bought this as I love anything with Batman and really enjoy watching time and again the animated Batman series. So, I thought I would give this one a go - it is Batman, even if it is the Lego version of Batman. The best thing about this movie is that it stars Clancy Brown who is THE voice of Lex Luthor. His voice is so distinctive and if I ever read a Superman story with Lex in it, Clancy Brown's voice is echoing in my head. He is that synonymous with Lex. It is a shame they didn't get Mark Hamill in to voice Joker as that would have been the cherry on top of the cake. The story is ok and the humour is definitely for the kids. For the adults watching there is plenty of references to past movies with the music lifted from Burton's amazing Batman movies and the John Williams theme from the Superman movies of the 70's/80's. However, it appears that whoever placed the music over the movie got carried away as a lot of the time I couldn't hear or quite catch what the character was saying for the music blaring out and muffling the words. This is a bit of fun but unlike all my other DVD's, I can't see me racing to re-watch this movie any time soon.
on 22 July 2013
A good DC movie, with the release of Beware of the Batman I think this was brought out to attract younger audiences to Batman. The characters are actually well done. I like the rivalry between Lex and Bruce, Lex's frustration at contumely being one upped by Bruce. The Joker not a crazy as everyone thinks he is. Batman being surly and with a huge chip on his shoulder (lack of Superpowers syndrome).

The story Lex is running for President of the US. He is at the back of the poles, so he decided to use the Joker's Joker-gas to mind control people into voting for him. Of course to do this he realises he need to take out Batman and Superman along the way. He figures after all the times he has clashed with Superman taking out Batman would not be a problem. He uses a weapon called the deconstructor (something that deconstructs Lego bricks), to break the Joker out of Arkham Asylum, and to cover this breaks out the rest of the inmates as well.

A good movie, but as I said I think it was made for a slightly younger audience. All in all a good movie, I did not really need to be in the Lego format, where were only a couple of thing like the Bat vehicles reforming but nothing that could not have been done in a normal DC movie.
on 13 February 2014
My Son Scott is Lego mad and really loved this Lego Batman movie, it has great GCI and a good story, well worth watching.
on 24 July 2014
My son was so excited when he got this as a gift, it arrived the same day as the Lego movie so he was overjoyed.
It only took 2 days to arrive and was packaged very well.
I would certainly recommend purchasing from this place with no hesitation.
Just what I expected, keep up the good work.
on 20 March 2014
This was a present for a son’s friend for his birthday. I have not seen it but within a few days of having this film he watched it a few times. Lots of action, excitement, noise it really keeps him glued to the whole film.
4.5 out of 5

It's time for the Man of the Year Awards in Gotham City. The contenders? Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor. The winner? Well, you guessed it: Bruce Wayne. When the Joker crashes the party, Lex sees a potential ally in his fight against not only Superman, but all superheroes. They forge an uneasy alliance and Lex uses Joker's expertise in chemistry to create not only a gas that would make everyone vote for him in the upcoming Presidential election, but also Kryptonite. In exchange, Lex would provide Joker with a special brick dismantling device that is able to take apart shiny black objects, something Joker's all too familiar with thanks to the Dark Knight.

Meanwhile, Batman and Robin have their hands full with an outbreak from Arkham Asylum. Superman shows up to help and eventually the Dynamic Duo and the Man of Steel discover Lex's and Joker's partnership. However, team ups aren't Batman's strong suit but after a little coaxing from Robin, he learns that sometimes you need outside help to come to victory.

Just when Batman and Superman think they've got Joker and Lex right where they want them, the sinister duo unleash a powerful force that will take the entire Justice League of America to stop.

If you've played LEGO Batman 2, then you're familiar with this story. This movie even uses clips from the game, but then fills in the gaps with fresh animation. So while it's kind of a rehash, it's a well-done rehash and, hey, it's LEGO. LEGO animated movies are few and far between and I hope LEGO Batman: The Movie - DC Superheroes Unite is the first in a move to bring more and more brick superheroes to the small screen. Perhaps even to the big one one day.

The animation is crisp, flawless, and well-thought out. The graphics are amazing and convey a plausible world made of LEGO, every detail somehow made from LEGO bricks. No small feat from a design standpoint, creating something to believable yet so . . . LEGO-y.

With a solid story filled with the right amount of action and humor, I'm glad I added LEGO Batman: The Movie to my superhero movie collection. Besides, the exclusive Clark-Kent-changing-into-Superman LEGO figure that comes with it is not too shabby either. Glad to have him as part of my Superman figure collection.

LEGO Batman: The Movie - DC Superheroes Unite is recommended for all ages. I loved watching it with my kids and I know you will, too. And if you don't have kids, then it's still worth checking out. Again, LEGO? Batman? Superman? DC superheroes? Yes, please!
on 24 March 2014
So, I think that the DVD of Lego Batman: The Movie - DC Super Heroes Unite from DVD is fantastic because I think that last year, I'm sure exactly when but I did play the Xbox 360 game in my bedroom and there was plenty of action around.

As I have said in my previous reviews of my other products that I have recieved in the normal post today, I like the front cover of the DVD because it features all of the main DC Comics characters such as Batman himself, Superman, Robin and the notorious villains from Arkham Asylum such as the Joker, Two-Face, Catwoman, Bane with his large mole machine, the Penguin aka Oswald Cobblepot and even Superman's evil nemesis of Lex Luthor who owns his large evil empire corporation.

So, yes, recently I saw this product in ASDA in Halesowen on Saturday 22nd March 2014 and it was retailed for £5.00.
However, when, I did return home, I did order the product and now the new price for this product is £4.74.
What a bargain, eh, folks?! Four stars all round!!!
Thank you Amazon.co.uk for your reliable service and your co-operation. Bye for now! From Richard Hill