on 11 May 2017
I have read these. Books in the wrong order unfortunately but they are still very interesting. I knew nothing about India in the period and found the interaction between the English and Indian population very distressing. It does no harm to. be reminded of how appalling they were treated. A thoroughly good read and educational too. Well recommended
7 people found this helpful
on 20 May 2017
I loved this sequel to the The Tea Planter's Daughter and I especially like the fact that it takes place in India more than in England. I liked reading about the history of the colonial India and also about life for women in those days. It's written in a vivid language with good characters and there are a lot of interesting topics within the story, such as mixed race relationships and divorces during the colonial times. But most of all, it's just a really good story that kept me captivated.
4 people found this helpful
on 15 April 2018
Having read the first book in the series I was ready for the second. Although many will be disappointed that it’s not a direct sequel to the love story in book one, I admire the author for weaving such a wonderful story from another family perspective while also involving the key characters from book one. The characters are ones I care about and the story rips along barely pausing for breath, I had to actively slow down my reading not to miss important words. I grew up in East Africa and the Middle East in an ex pat community and experienced many of the sensations and situations the author writes about, including the abhorrent class system and the desire to just treat everyone the same. This is a rich book and I look forward to more.
on 3 April 2017
Flows and picks up the familiar characters from the first book. Gives a good account of the life in India at that time of British rule. Shows the contempt that they showed against the Indians at that time. I should say how some of them showed contempt. Looking forward to the third book
3 people found this helpful
on 7 March 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed this light reading book, I had been reading a lot of thrillers then decided to download the two books of the India series. Both were most enjoyable and relaxing to read
3 people found this helpful
on 5 March 2017
Another brilliant story in the India Tea Series, from the start I was hooked and again could not wait to see how it would finish and now to read the next book in this series loved it.
2 people found this helpful
on 19 March 2017
This is the first book I have read by this author but it will certainly not be the last. I have "The Tea Planter's Daughter" on my Kindle and am sure I will be downloading more books from Janet. A great read from start to finish.
2 people found this helpful
on 5 May 2017
Once again another good read. The Author obviously knows India and the tea planting very well. At times however the storyline is not quite so convincing as The Tea Planters Daughter.
One person found this helpful
on 18 October 2017
You don't need to read the first book, but I enjoyed it so much that I had to buy the 1st and 3rd book (both good too). I recommend all 3 in order, as the stories are about 3 different women living in England and India through 2 world wars. The characters in the books are carried over into the next.
on 3 April 2018
What a captivating story. I really enjoyed the first book in this series "The Tea planter's Daughter but they s book was even better. Fabulous story telling I couldn't it it down. I would recommend it to everyone. Can't wait till read the next book.