on 30 July 2017
Max and the team are back for installment 3. As expected the history lessons contained in the book make history come alive again.

Mayhem aplenty as always as Max, Leon, Peterson, Markham and the rest set the history books correct.

I will never see Isaac Newton in the same light again. As for the Trojan Wars there is at last a far more acceptable end to the war rather than the Trojan Horse story we have all been led to believe.

Of these two incidents are not enough don't worry the author makes sure you will become a font of knowledge on much more.

History had never been so much fun.
on 17 September 2017
Another great journey through history with Max and St Mary's. Once again I lost sleep being unable to put the book down. This could easily and comfortably have been the last book. But with a twist in the last chapter Jodi Taylor has opened up a new chapter for St Mary's and the usual (sort of) characters. No spoilers, but one small "tip" if you spot that Max takes a phone call from someone that could not have made it, keep reading it is explained or at least referenced later.
Now, where is book 4.......
on 21 December 2014
This book is the third in the series and you really need to read them in order. That said, they are all stand alone stories but in sequence they clearly make much more sense. I was hooked by the first book. This is intelligent time travel packed with historically accurate, as far as I can tell, detail, evoked brilliantly. I have read a historical account of the battle of Agincourt. I've seen Henry The Fifth. I knew the lie of the land and what happened but the way it is written here, puts you there. You smell, feel, hear, as well as see the events unfold, and on a personal level, somehow knowing the outcome makes it all the more exciting as you hurtle headlong through the battle.

This is just a small part of the story. We also have Troy, a villain who refuses to die, well, even when you know he's dead, he can still turn up in another time, from an earlier time. And a brilliant love story. It's all evoked with such clarity, you can't put it down. On now to book four!
on 9 November 2016
Oh Jodi Taylor,you've done it again but this time in spades.Best one yet.What a twisting,turning and sometimes agonising fable .I've laughed aloud so many times in so many inappropriate places (in hospital,on a plane and reading far into the night beside my fast asleep husband.),and then I cried with a sadness so real. Unstoppable tears running down my cheeks.Too emotionally charged to start book 4 yet,but I will,oh I definitely will.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 July 2014
I have the first two books in audio form, sadly the third book is not out in that format yet. Hence me buying this for my Kindle.

I throughly enjoyed the first two installments. I know they are not for everybody, but I happen to enjoy the way the humour works alongside the fantasy/historical element.

I found that although I enjoyed reading this, that for personal preference I think they work so much better as audio books. Therefore I shall be waiting and hoping that this makes its way onto the Audible catalogue before too long.

Personal preference aside, if you like humorous sci-fi/fantasy style of books give these a try, I think they are well worth the effort.
VINE VOICEon 4 April 2015
I'm working my way through this wonderful series of books and this was the best so far! I loved it and couldn't put it down. Bits of it blew my mind a bit as time travel books often do. Max is back with her team of historians, travelling to Ancient Troy and Agincourt. There is heartbreak in this one and a cliff-hanger of an ending. I'm looking forward to book 4.
on 21 June 2017
A wonderful read - a super storyline with a terrific plot and great characters. Written with great assurance and aplomb. Now reading the series. Unputdownable.Highly recommended.
*** 5 ***
on 5 October 2017
I love this series this one was touching as well as being funny and clever
The characters and brilliantly written and the story zips along
Cant wait for the next one
on 7 March 2017
Note been able to put down any of the books so far.

Great stories, laced with my first academic love history.

This third installment has one of the most harrowing descriptions of war ever and contains some of the saddest scenes in any book I've read.
on 23 July 2017
I couldn't put this book down. It's in its own genre of historical and future fiction with great characters. Highly recommend.