on 9 November 2016
Oh Jodi Taylor,you've done it again but this time in spades.Best one yet.What a twisting,turning and sometimes agonising fable .I've laughed aloud so many times in so many inappropriate places (in hospital,on a plane and reading far into the night beside my fast asleep husband.),and then I cried with a sadness so real. Unstoppable tears running down my cheeks.Too emotionally charged to start book 4 yet,but I will,oh I definitely will.
on 27 July 2014
I have the first two books in audio form, sadly the third book is not out in that format yet. Hence me buying this for my Kindle.

I throughly enjoyed the first two installments. I know they are not for everybody, but I happen to enjoy the way the humour works alongside the fantasy/historical element.

I found that although I enjoyed reading this, that for personal preference I think they work so much better as audio books. Therefore I shall be waiting and hoping that this makes its way onto the Audible catalogue before too long.

Personal preference aside, if you like humorous sci-fi/fantasy style of books give these a try, I think they are well worth the effort.
I'm working my way through this wonderful series of books and this was the best so far! I loved it and couldn't put it down. Bits of it blew my mind a bit as time travel books often do. Max is back with her team of historians, travelling to Ancient Troy and Agincourt. There is heartbreak in this one and a cliff-hanger of an ending. I'm looking forward to book 4.
on 7 March 2017
Note been able to put down any of the books so far.

Great stories, laced with my first academic love history.

This third installment has one of the most harrowing descriptions of war ever and contains some of the saddest scenes in any book I've read.
on 6 April 2017
Just as good as the previous books! Could hardly put it down. Several plot twists and the same clever humour. But it will mean much more if you've read the previous stories.
on 24 February 2014
Another really good romp through history, with all the usual humour and quite a bit of heartache, in fact it's very sad in parts. Can't wait for the next one because things got very interesting at the end of this instalment.
on 1 April 2017
Loving these books - the interesting and engaging. Brilliant surprise, would highly recommend. Addictive storylines and characters, full of the unexpected.
on 1 May 2017
A lot of. laughs, mind-boggling time shifts, but let down by the ending, as noted by previous reviews
on 27 April 2017
Great ! Continuing the intriguing concept of St Mary's pan- time adventures.
on 11 April 2016