on 26 April 2017
Good product!
on 5 October 2017
Love it ,so compact and easy to use , highly reccomend it.
on 20 July 2014
Excellent value - gives me more or less everything I want from a small, light digital camera. Quite easy to navigate the menus. Delivery, packaging etc. all good.
on 12 July 2015
Excellent value for money
on 17 August 2014
I bought this camera in June to take on holiday within a day of travelling so did not have time to check out how it functioned.
Pleased to report it does all I need a camera to do. Good pictures, easy to use, slips unobtrusively into shirt pocket or trouser pocket.

As a rank amateur I enjoyed using this little gem and was surprised to discover when I returned from holiday just how much it is capable of doing.

I would have given this product 5 stars but for the fact that having to download over 100 pages of instructions to reveal all it's wondrous functions, rather takes the sparkle out of what is otherwise an excellent purchase.The paltry booklet which comes with the camera (in many pages and several languages of course) is not worth the paper it's written on. Pity.
on 25 April 2014
I have owned IXUS cameras for years now and use as an easy-to-carry alternative to my SLR. Solid build and resonable features for the price. Reason for 4 stars is that Canon have dropped the feature of an optical viewfinder which was very useful in bright sun conditions and even with screen brightness turned up to maximum it can be difficult to see the screen to compose a shot.
22 Comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 26 March 2014
This palm sized pocket poppet is about 9 x 5cm. A little thicker than a smart phone, but smaller in area. It packs quite a punch for the size - 16.0 megapixels with a 8 x optical zoom. With all the bells and whistles I need - I wasn't looking for wifi or gps, just a discreet to use, straightforward, simple camera.

The chunky charger and lead plugs into the mains. The flat, square lithium battery has a small amount of charge on arrival, and needs a good fill up before you set off to take pics. The first charge took around 4 hours before showing `full'. I bought a spare, at an attractive price on amazon, for longer trips away. Canon NB-11L Battery Pack Not using AA batteries means the camera can be lighter and will go longer without requiring changes.

The instruction book is fat and thick, although you can confidently tear off 95% of that, as you only need your own one language.

The rubber left side strip of the camera peels back for the av/out digital lead you already may own; it's the tiny one of course. Luckily I had a connector in my bag of tricks, to fit the camera to my imac; but if you haven't already got one, this cable looks good, with a long lead. Canon IFC-400PCU USB Cable for use with suitable Digital Cameras

I'd bought a 16gb memory card, which arrived in the same delivery. SanDisk SDSDB-016G-B35 16GB Class 4 SDHC Memory Card That slots in neatly along with the charged up battery. A tiny orange latch releases them. The shiny metal connectors go at the bottom.

There's a tripod connector underneath. This could be useful to avoid the shakes.

I chose the gorgeous ruby red colour, both matt and shiny surfaces have a glittery look.

To keep my new toy safe I ordered a cosy case in pale blue BDC0103eva New first2savvv semi-hard light blue camera case for Canon IXUS 125 HS ,IXUS 135,IXUS 132 ,IXUS 255 HS,PowerShot A2500 IS ,PowerShot A2600 ,PowerShot A3500 IS & & SAMSUNG SMART CAMERA SH100 ES90,ST150F,WB30F,DV150F,DV151F & OLYMPUS TG-820,TG-...

When you turn the camera on, you can access a ? help menu, which gives `Hints' and explains functions. Otherwise, it is a case of click it and see. There is hardly any delay between pressing and taking the picture, which I like.

Although I enjoy using my big brick of a bridge camera, it doesn't easily slip into a pocket or a small bag. I realised I was missing interesting photo opportunities. Not wanting to be always attached to a mobile phone, and having given my last small camera to my grandson, I was searching again for a pocket point and shoot.

What I enjoy about little cameras is that they are unobtrusive. Children hardly realise you are taking their picture and everyone behaves more naturally without the obvious presence of a bigger box facing them. There is a time and a place for both types. A bridge or DSLR camera probably makes a better job of landscapes, property pictures, formal work, perhaps, but there is no substitute for spontaneity. I am pleased to have found this in my new Canon IXUS 150.
review imagereview image
44 Comments| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 July 2014
Bought as a present for my Non-Tech wife. Seems to do everything my top of the range DSLR does. She finds it so easy and immediately put it to good use on a trip to the Inner Hebrides.
22 Comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 November 2014
I purchased this to be used at local preschool, based on experience with Canon Ixus cameras we had at home before. They are reliable cameras which produce great images. Small and compact, good spec and good quality photos for a compact camera. The case and strap were a good additional extra and the price at the time was very good.
on 7 July 2014
For its size and cost this is a really nice camera for stills and video, the technology in such a small package is amazing. The design and quality of materials used is typical Canon and the quality of pictures is so good, obviously not up to DLSR standard but at a fraction of the price I have no complaints whatsoever. The Li On battery technology is amazing and I purchased 2 spares, but could manage on one all day long and with much use of the zoom lens and taking many videos, I didn't even bother with ECO mode!
For well under £100 you cannot go wrong in my opinion and having seen shots taken with modern smart phones there is no comparison with a "proper camera" like the Canon IXUS which has a decent lens. The HD video is outstanding for such a small camera and with a 32GB SDHC Extreme card you can takes many hours of video and still have room for 10,000 + photos! You can probably guess, that I am very pleased with my purchase.