Customer reviews

Richard Strauss: Lieder - Heimliche Aufforderung
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 August 2014
I've been wondering for some time who the emerging Strauss soprano would be and I think Karg may be her. Beautiful recital and I will be interested to hear how she develops in Straus roles and the 4 Last Songs, if she records them, will define her in my view.
One person found this helpful
on 24 August 2017
This is an excellent selection of Strauss songs. It includes most of the classics form his Golden period of Lieder writing 1885-1906. However, it also includes the lovely song Alphorn from his early years and also his last song Malvern from 1949. She is an experienced Soprano who works on the stage at Frankfurt and elsewhere as well as a Lieder singer. She is well able to bring out the meaning of the Strauss songs and has an excellent accompanist. I listen to this on Amazon Prime which is great (I would probably not have paid for the CD). I can recommend this to anyone who wants to get to know Strauss for the Soprano.
on 30 June 2014