Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.19

on 5 July 2014
This is one of the worst books I have read in a long time. As another reviewer said, it might as well have been written for the Enid Blyton age group! It was repetitive, the characters had no depth, and it contained bad grammar. Yes it was an easy read, so easy a seven year old could cope with it. All in all, badly written and needless to say, I won't be reading anything else by this author. It is a shame because I enjoy reading about World War Two and the various roles people played in it. I feel sure Land Girls would feel the role they played has not been portrayed accurately in this book.
on 25 July 2014
This was one of the most banal books that I have read. I kept going as I thought it there had to be something happening on the next page. It took sentimentality to a sickly sweet level, and mostly consisted of boring goody goody conversation. Everyone liked everyone else, no one was really hurt even though it went through the whole war. The sex scenes were written in the most prudish of language. The author should learn when to use the subject and object when referring to whoever and I, instead of me. My advice is don't waste your time on it as I have, it is not worth it.
on 12 July 2014
This was a story about a young woman who loses her home when it is bombed. She joins the women's land army, meeting 3 men who have an effect on her life. Through her experiences she learns that lust and love are different things and changes from a girl to a woman in many different ways..
on 9 August 2014
This book was not written very well, a lot of punctuation mistakes. I thought sometimes it was written for children except for the adult content. I certainly would'nt look for anymore books written by this author.
on 16 April 2014
The book started well but was a little disjointed and tended to repeat itself at times. The story line was good but more could have been made of it. Towards the end the story galloped away and ended very abruptly.
on 8 May 2014
This could have been written by Enid Blyton and titled "Seven grow up." It made the work of the Land Girls look like a walk in the park . All it needed was "lashings of lemonade".
on 24 March 2014
A good story, well written although the outcome was a bit predictable. There are several little stories within the original story but it still an enjoyable book
on 14 May 2014
Sorry but this is one of the worst written books I have ever read. I kept hoping it would improve or that there would e a twist to the tale, but no.
on 27 March 2014
Very hard to read due to bad punctuation, bad writing and loads of grammatical errors. Did not even make it to the end of the book.
on 3 April 2014
A very good story but I felt it ended rather suddenly. One more chapter would have brought the book to the end of the war, and it would have been nice to find out what happened to everyone.