on 12 February 2014
If I didn't already have this box set I would buy it today, a real bargain! Having read 3 out of the 5 I can thoroughly recommend reading this set. Each book is unique in its own way.
Chickens, Mules and Two old fools was my last set of real books I purchased having now switched to Kindle, but I absolutely love my set, I lend the books to all my friends and family. It has so many laugh out loud moments in it and moments I can relate to as a expat living on a Spanish Island. Good luck to Vicky and Joe and may you have lots more fun there and hurry up with book 4 please!
Seriously Mum was unput-down able, I had to read it to the end, lots of tears and tender smiles, it tells the real story of Alan and Lorna in their struggle to live their dreams of moving to Spain and rearing Alpacas, I know...I didn't know what a Alpaca was but I do now! Book 2 was just as good if not better!!
More Ketchup than Salsa... what can I say... another book about expats moving abroad you may think, but NO, totally different to anything I have read...again lots of laugh out loud moments, a must for anyone who thinks that life abroad will be all sun and sangria.
All books are 5 star in their own right, but as a package the best present anyone could want, I cant wait for the next box set!
on 12 February 2014
Having read three of these and greatly looking forward to the last two, I can assure anyone that they will not be disappointed with this box set. Being given the privilege of sharing the authors different lives, both the ups and downs, the laughter and at times the tears is a true gift. If you have never read a memoir before then this is definitely the place to start.
on 12 February 2014
I've read four out of the 5 books and am looking forward to reading the fifth. Full of humour and mishaps, adventure and courage, these are tales from the people who have dared to grab life by the horns and follow their dreams. A bargain at this price!
on 12 February 2014
Having read three of these excellent travel memoirs (only Savannah and Joe to go!) I can honestly say that this must be one of the best-value compendium of books on Amazon. Huge fun, buy it now!
on 12 February 2014
I have read and reviewed three of these brilliant books already (all FIVE stars), I'm halfway through the fourth (and loving it) and have the fifth ready and waiting on my kindle. This box set of travel memoirs is such a fun, varied mix of stories and experiences. It's a great idea having them all together in one ridiculously good value box set. Buy it! You won't be disappointed.
on 12 February 2014
Who says memoirs need to be full of angst and pain? Here we have five memoirs that are fun, uplifting, and full of the 'feel good factor'. I guarantee that you won't want to put them down. These are books that leave you feeling better after you've read them than you did before you picked them up. They really are five of the best! I can hardly wait for the next compendium.
on 12 February 2014
Having already read 3 of these 5 books, I can highly recommend this box set for anyone that enjoys memoires. Fun, poignant, entertaining and great reading, just get them!
on 12 February 2014
I have read three of the set with the other two loaded ready to go. Very enjoyable, inspiring and sometimes touching stories of life. very enjoyable for any age.
on 12 February 2014
Having read these books in paperback individually I bought them in this set on kindle as I love all of the books. x
on 12 February 2014
Now I have retired I love to read - especially memoirs. I Have already read Two old fools and absolutely loved it. I am halfway through That Bear ate my pants at the moment and am also loving it. I would recommend anyone to purchase these books. They are keeping my old grey matter active.