on 3 March 2014
I was led to believe that this was a free download yet I ended up getting billed for it, his did that happen, needless to say I have asked for a refund, information in the book was just common sense nothing special
on 28 February 2014
I really wanted to like this book because I do believe eating an alkaline diet has merit for some. You should know that this is not a diet as such. This is about drinking more water that is alkaline and yes drinking water in any form probably will help when losing weight but a misleading to me.

The author is clearly passionate about eating alkaline and imparts with a lot of free information about this. Whether or not this book and concept is misguided out of that passion or other reasons is for you to decide. This is just my opinion and by all means do your own research.

My quick summary - it's repetitive like a high school essay on 'why you should drink ionized alkaline water' with no real conclusion other that to buy this expensive filter. To be fair it does give you cheaper ways to make your own alkaline water but according to the pros and cons this is a quick fix and good start but isn't good enough.

After reading this book I felt bad and anxious like I'm doing something wrong and going to get ill and not be at all well and by not drinking alkaline water it may even shorten my life (because that in general terms is what it says) it really did upset me. Coupled with the hard sell to buy something, it makes me uneasy and suspicious. But I vowed to do my research and all being well, maybe invest in the ionize alkaline water filter.

They give you a link where you can buy this at a discount and admit they are associated with this company (see where the infomercial feeling comes in) They make some tall claims and promise energy, feeling youthful and maybe living a relatively disease free life and they say it may even improve your libido (see the sexy cover)

The company they are associated with has a model called 'Miracle'. I've bought enough beauty products in my life to know that miracle doesn't mean actual miracle but interestingly the two beauty products that came close were invented by a scientist and not a pharmaceutical company or big corporation.

There is a disclaimer at the beginning of the book to say this is not medical advise etc. but if I'm going to part with a large chunk of money I like a guarantee of sound medical research, studies, facts and figures, just good hard to argue with evidence but I didn't find that. From what I've read in researching whether or not to purchase and drink alkaline water and I read both sides and hundreds of articles, the statements that really struck and stayed with me are the following: If this is such a wonderful product why hasn't the unscrupulous corporate pharmaceutical companies cashed in on this. Or indeed why haven't the Walmart's and Boots The Chemist of the world jumped on this. One reason I think is they can't substantiate the claims. The other statement is 'remember the trendy oxygen bars that sprang up in the 90's where are they now?'

Never say never, but I won't be buying a ionized alkaline water filter anytime soon.
on 28 February 2014
I downloaded this for free, fortunately. Had I paid for it I would have felt totally cheated.

I did get the message that we are not drinking enough water and in my case I agree. However, it seems that it needs to be alkaline water we drink, not just water. Plain water (of any kind) that is not alkaline is bad for us! Over and over again we were told this. You could feel the sales pitch rising. But wait, he did say that there were alternative cheaper methods of making 'bad' water alkaline and duly explained them while simultaneously rubbishing them. Of course, the ONLY way to produce any acceptable alkaline water is via a very, very expensive machine. He did acknowledge that he was involved with the company that produces them.

Sorry Ross, but anybody who gives me the hard sell will never make me a fan of theirs.
on 28 February 2014
If you have the opportunity of reading this book for free, by all means go ahead. But please don't spend any money. You can find all the relevant information by looking at what the manufacturers of the Chanson device have to say about their product on YouTube.

I really don't like the constant, repetitive sales pitch. As others have said, there is a 'missing chapter' for you to download which, according to Bridgeford, is the most important chapter of the book. However this seems to be just a device to get you on to a mailing list - another one of the many examples of salesmanship in the book. Granted he does mention other methods for alkalising water but most of those involve using products he also sells on his website although all are found by him to be far inferior to the (hugely more expensive) Chanson ioniser.

The hard sell is off putting and completely undermines any credibility there may be in the alkalinity theory. Some of the other material by Bridgeford is useful but his focus on pushing products in which he has a vested interest always makes me doubtful of his integrity. The only way I can achieve optimum health and proper hydration is to buy a device (and only this one particular brand) for around £1500 to attach to my water supply? I just don't believe the hype.
on 3 March 2014
Personally I believe in the importance of alkalinity and hydration. This 'free' book repeatedly explains the importance of drinking water - BUT it can only be the type of water obtained by purchasing HIS product costing hundreds of pounds!! Sorry, don't like being taken for a ride and don't respond to hard sales. If this is the way energise for life operates I'll make sure I visit more reputable sites in future.

Oh yes, and this so important book is published incomplete and you have to download 'the most important' chapter? Come on we're not that daft!
on 5 March 2014
Your readers are really not that thick Mr Bridgeford. This was meant to be a free download and I still ended up being charged for it though I ordered it within the 48 hour window.
The missing chapter? - don't bother with it - it's only a repetition of what you'll read in the other chapters but with the addition of a disgraceful sales pitch on behalf of a company promoting an expensive water purifying gadget .
The whole thing is no more than a long winded underhand money spinning sales technique for both the writer and the associated company.
Mr Bridgeford I won't be buying, or looking at, anything else you''ve written or are associated with. You've totally undermined any credibility you may have had
on 28 February 2014
Can not down the missing chapter have been trying to put in the code and it will not except it
on 6 March 2014
I have followed an Alkaline diet for some years and believe in the significant health benefits. Unfortunately Ross Bridgeford has gone a step too far with this blatant attempt to advertise his own website, under the pretence of being a "book". I have never seen an author ask readers to leave feedback on Amazon, clearly hoping the reviews will be positive and further promote sales from their website. I for one will shop elsewhere in future.
on 28 February 2014
Took the trouble to download the book during the 'free issue' time slot. Started reading and then after a few pages read that a very important chapter needed to be downloaded via a special code. Have been totally mislead and as a result have deleted the incomplete 'free' book.
on 27 February 2014
I could not put the kindle down until I read the book through! I drink red bush tea all day long, along with herbal teas and vegetable juices. I also sip bottled water throughout the day. I will now think about adapting to a new hydrating plan! Very interesting information Ross. Reading the book through a second time I feel this book is a big plug for the recommended ionizer though!