on 12 July 2017
Went into watching this show with knowing very little about the Green Arrow character and didn't really have high expectations as I know some superhero tv shows can be pretty bad. However, Arrow is not one of those shows, Arrow had me hooked from start to finish for the complete season. The story archs are great, the villains are really well played and the sub plot of learning about how Oliver Queen becomes the Arrow is really compelling to watch!
2 people found this helpful
on 7 February 2015
what a great series this Is i love the back story to this as he as flashbacks to when he was stranded on the island for five years and I thought the first series was great having john barrowman as the black arrow was great and then the second series came and it is not a disappointment as this also as some twist and turns in it and very well written stories are amazing well for me anyway I don't want to say to much as this could spoil it for those who have not seen it yet but worth a watch cannot wait to get series three
2 people found this helpful
on 30 January 2014
Admittedly, this isn't Shakespeare, but it is certainly a cut above the often mediocre Superhero fare. Very much in the vein of Batman Begins, Arrow details the formative experiences of Oliver Queen who becomes Green Arrow (though not known as that yet). The series is far darker and grittier than the squeaky froth of Green Arrow in Smallville, for example, and nicely interplays between the present and past (in flashback).

Pace is very engaging and there is not one bad or boring episode in the 23-part series (each episode about 41 min). The cast is excellent (in some cases surprisingly so) and the characters are credible, human and likeable (or appropriately detestable).

The Blu-Ray version comes as 4 discs mounted on hinged flaps in a single box, so relatively slim. Image quality is superb and sound through the TV is better than many discs'.

If you like this genre, I would recommend heartily.
on 15 July 2015
I started watching Arrow just before season 3 came out, and I instantly fell in love with it! I watched season one and two within the space of a few days and was eager to start watching season 3! In the past I was never a huge superhero fan per say, I mean I liked Batman and Spider-Man, Yanno your cliche heroes. But Arrow really drew me in, I love the style that is portrayed as it doesn't seem too unbelievable like Superman maybe ( I don't like Superman), and I think this gives it something special and is something DC always had the leg up on Marvel at. Batman is also a great example of this. But anyway getting back to the point I HIGHLY recommend Arrow for any comic hero fan, or even if you're not, this doesn't require the need to fill a superhero thirst at all. After watching the series myself I purchased this box set for my girlfriend and after 2-3 episodes she said she didn't like it, BUT, when I spoke to her the next day she said she loved it and had watched up to episode 17 of season one! (She did the same thing with Game of Thrones) but after getting her to watching Arrow, I've got her into watching other things like The Flash TV series (Very good!) and we're about to start Gotham. I have many friends who refuse to watch Arrow as they say "it's not their thing" as they believe it is a typical superhero show, but they couldn't be more wrong! I definitely recommend purchasing this or watching it in anyway and personally can't wait for season 4!
on 20 May 2014
I normally do not have time to fix a certain day of week or certain time to watch a TV serie, so i like to buy those which I like most.
This is a splendis compoud of " Batman" and for example " Do not lie to me " consisting something new and something old. Very intresting serie. I wonder why they have it on Tv subtitled also finnish, but nowhere it has been sold with finnish subtitles..jet ?...The same thing was with Paradise -serie, which never was on sale with subtitles I want, but still it was translated for TV...as well as Borgias had only the first season with finnish subtitles etc. I have not yet get the second season of Arrows with finnish subtitles, but still will be keenon getting once such a season !
on 3 January 2014
Having been a fan of Batman and Green Arrow for many years it was refreshing to see a new version of Oliver Queen come to the screen in an undiluted format.
This is not the Oliver Queen from Smallville, and is different in key areas from many other versions of the character - he is willing to use lethal force, and his mum is still alive (he is normally depicted as an orphan very much like Batman).
Changing canon in this instance is certainly not bad as we finally have a morally ambiguous hero to root for as we can certainly root for him on many levels (trying to clean up his city, right his father's wrongs, atone for past mistakes).
The action is slick, and Stephen Amell who portrays Oliver Queen/Green Arrow grows into his role very nicely - he is somewhat wooden in the first few episodes, but as soon as the character of Diggle is introduced as his bodyguard/friend/accomplice, he has a strong figure to bounce off which only improves his portrayal.
Overall a great series with some strong supporting cast members and a some nice DC Villains thrown in for good measure.
Bluray quality is top notch as is the sound, and the extras are pretty ok (Deleted Scenes, docs, - standard fare).
on 24 April 2017
I wasnt sure what this would be like when i decided to get round to watching in, i have to admit its better than i expected, i have watched S1 so far, from the 4 series of what they have done (Arrow, Flash, Supergirl & Legends of Tomorrow), for me there is only Legends of Tomorrow i could not recommend as i stopped watching it after the first 6 episodes as i found that sooooo boring.
on 16 December 2017
Awesome. Must have had a huge budget as there are many scenes, and scenarios, and it's addictive. Laid up with a broken leg I'm already on season 4.
on 11 August 2014
OMG... my kids are giving me puppy dog eyes when I stop them from watching too many episodes back to back. It is entertaining though far fetched at times. However, very entertaining and intriguing as the film reveals more and more of what happened on the island and in his quest to do good.

An amusing observation... similar to the Vampire Diaries, everyone seems to be holding charity parties all the time. I know they are socialites but would be good for us mere working stiffs to see some other scenes that is more related to real life... like going to the gym or racket club (like Dallas and Dynasty)
on 1 October 2014
Amazing show! Started watching it on netflix but had to buy it. Love everything about this show, Stephen Amell is amazing as Oliver Queen. This is not your run of the mill superhero show (Smallville for example) this is a dark, mature series about a vigilante archer who has to battle with real life enemies that you will find in the real world (the triad, assassins etc.) but also who has to to juggle with keeping his friendships without revealing his alter ego. Highly recommend this series