Customer reviews

Thief - Limited Edition Metal Case with Bonus Bank Heist Mission (Xbox One)
Platform: Xbox One|Edition: Limited Edition Metal Case|Change

on 15 October 2014
Really quick delivery, cant comment on game as its a Christmas present but the pice was fantastic
on 6 June 2017
Loved the game
on 14 June 2016
I don't feel a Theif I feel like a guy just trying to pretend to be Thief in this game and it sucks
on 1 March 2014
I've never played a thief game before, but I looked forward to this as it looked like dishonored, a game i enjoyed and highly recommend. The city is slightly confusing at first, and the controls were slightly odd but i soon got used to them. This game is well worth a look if you want something other than a brainless shooter.
on 6 March 2014
I'm half way through this game but feel its not worth the full 5 stars simply because its a ok game, not the best in my opinion. I find after a few hours or days depending how fast you play, it becomes very repetitive and sometimes boring, the game has NO brightness setting which I find very odd so sometimes its so dark, impossible to see to a point I have to use brightness settings on my TV.

And also when I bought this game, it was £42 and my friend went to buy it and is now £47! Why the sudden increase of £5?
on 3 June 2014
Thief is a really good interesting game. It has a decent story line and the game play isn't bad. It has a slight skyrim/ assassins creed feel to it. HOWEVER, the game play does get a little repetitive, plus it's very hard to stay hidden sometimes OR that being hidden is over powered (in terms of take downs).

The other complaint i'd have with this game is that you can sometimes get confused with the button layout (D pad left and up show your inventory - although only one of them allows you to select a item). The use of items is fine however you can have a lack of them, plus you don't get a tutorial with them all...

This game overall needs a little improvement, worth giving a go as it's different from the other games already out there at the minute.

Hope this review helps!
on 5 March 2014
I've only spent an hour or so on this so far..but I've got to be honest...I'm really not that impressed.

I'm obviously a minority here, but I find Thief a fairly weak addition to the Xbox One stable (and no, before you all start screaming...I don't have a PS4...I'm Xbox through and through).

To me the graphics seem very old...almost like Oblivion from a few years ago...certainly not "next-gen".

Combat is laughable - I appreciate that combat isn't the aim of the game, bu when it's unavoidable it's clunky and pretty rubbish...just seems to be a case of pushing RB a few times until they go down?

Gameplay feels glitchy and awkward...with a similar action to Assassins Creed really - run at walls and objects pressing the trigger and he climbs, jumps gaps etc - but in first person it just doesn't do it for me. I thought it being an FPS might be a highlight - but to me it just makes it difficult to do anything - nothing feels natural.

And there are far too many cut scenes with boring dialogue...

As I said, I'm only at the beginning but so far all I've found is that it's easy to creep around and not be seen...NPC AI is rubbish...as long as you're pushing the correct button to creep you seem to get by easily regardless of how much effort you actually have to put in to do it. And low and behold there's a torch burning right next to the guard nicely placed for a water arrow to snuff it out...talk about force-feeding what you have to do!

But given that most other reviews are very flattering...maybe just ignore me?!?!

So far I've not been anywhere near as pleased with the One as I was hoping to be...it's been, for me, a bit of a let down so far. Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Black Flag, Ghosts, BF4, Fifa 14 and now Thief...all "good/OK" in their own way but nothing that's made me think "wow, this is next gen".

Still...Titanfall is on the way...maybe that will cheer me up :)
on 1 March 2014
Have waited ages for this title to be released. Played the first three on the PC but have not had a problem adjusting to the xbox. game play excellent. Stealth rewarded.
on 4 April 2014
Game play requires thought, its not one of those charge in and kill everything in sight games. i enjoyed it!
on 31 March 2014
Decent game missions if you go stealthy are quite fun, few issues for me personally is one the city is very confusing combat also not the best along with the saying that in general the envoirnment lack a lot, you do play it quite a lot bonus bank heist mission is pretty fun worth a buy be good to have for a rainy day

See one answered question