on 14 February 2018
Second in the Tom Buckingham series. Plenty of twists and turns in a well constructed theme which takes the reader into the minds of the characters.
A must read book.
on 7 February 2018
Disappointing. A long clever and intriguing story but very little action, which is surely the main attraction of an Andy McNab book?
on 25 June 2014
I am a fan of the Nick Stone series by this author. I enjoyed Red Notice, the first Tom Buckingham book, but after reading Fortress I believe this could be one of Andy McNab's best book. With more political and social intrigue throughout the story, there is still the trademarked action and great characters. Although I miss the Nick Stone character, I am looking forward to the next Tom Buckingham book by Andy McNab. I can recommend this book (or series) to new and long term readers.
on 4 October 2014
Slightly disappointed with this offering from Andy McNab. Having read a couple of his other books I was hoping for some more of the same 'edge of the seat' stuff and this just didn't hit the spot. It was one of those books that I nearly gave up on three-quarters of the way through but I persevered to the end (but it was a struggle). Had to put my finger on why it didn't work, except perhaps to say that the story just didn't come to life like some of his other works did.
on 11 December 2015
A very good read and topical too. I felt that as I read it, I could quite easily see something like this on the news. Andy McNab appears to have a little bad press of late, with hurried endings. I couldn't see that in this book and looking forward to the next one in my reading schedule.
on 7 July 2014
What a disappointment again, I've read virtually all of Andy's books but he's letting the story slip now. This book was slow from start to finish, the very last bit started to pick up but then it was over. I just hope the new nick stone one hasn't gone the same way.
4 people found this helpful
on 23 March 2015
Andy has written a brilliant novel which is a worst case modern scenario between Enoch Powell's river of blood speech and radicalisation of our largely peaceful Muslim population which could kick of big style. This is a very dry tinder which,God forbid,
Will no be lit.
Andy. I'm a former Bootneck and just like you as a para, proud of It.
on 8 May 2018
Continuing the Tom Buckingham trilogy...don't have to have read the first, but there are references to the first book's stpryline
on 14 March 2018
Couldn't put book down very well written nice to have the writer experience .for tell the story the tension such a good read not over yet it spills to another book thank you
on 15 July 2014
If you enjoyed Andy McNab's Nick Stone books, you will enjoy this one. 2nd in the Tom Buckingham series.
Ideally, read the first one (Red Notice) before this one, though it does stand alone. Usual highly insightful view of what really goes on behind the glossy exterior of "civilised" politics. A must read.