Customer reviews

on 24 October 2014
I am a big fan of this author so buy the books automatically. Wasn't disappointed.
on 26 August 2014
Castle's books never fail to be unique, different and imaginative, as well as engaging and entertaining. The Hot Zone is no exception!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I freaking love the dust bunnies! I don't want one....I NEED one! Although I'd have some issues sharing my Halloween sweets with one...I'm sure we could come to some sort of arrangement. Although I should probably bear in mind the whole "by the time you see the teeth, it's too late" and just hand it all over. I love everything about these books, they're just so much fun and each book is another fantastic addition.

I love the world, it's so totally unique and sucks you in. The history of the world or whatever you want to call it, the customs the way it works, the powers, everything is just so unique and it helps to contribute to a world that sucks you in while you read and you kinda wanna live there and never leave the world.

In this installment we see the differences between Marriages of Convenience and Covenant Marriages and find out more about each one.
We get to find out more as new things are revealed about....stuff. No spoilers here!
I love how the romance isn't the main deal with these books, it's there but there's also a complex plot going on with it.

Sedona is fantastic, easy to connect to, she's strong, and the best kind of leading lady. She can really take care of herself. Her relationship with Cyrus was well written, they work well together as a team. Cyrus was kind of perfect, not gonna lie. I love how the romance wasn't all that insta crap, you could watch them bond and watch it develop, as with any relationship there's a couple of bumps, but it's wrapped up nicely at the end.

The monsters added a nice creepy touch, particularly as it's set over Halloween, and then there's the whole "main character living in a graveyard" kind of thing. It creates a fantastic atmosphere!
on 26 August 2014
The Hot Zone is the first in The Harmony Series that I have read - but I will certainly be returning to the beginning to read the rest! The characters are in-depth and wonderfully loveable. I was initially worried that I might find it confusing starting from in the middle of the series, but I was gripped from the very first page. The plot is filled with romance, mystery and highly unexpected twists and turns. I would recommend this book to anyone - it doesn't matter which genre you prefer, there is something in there for everyone!
on 9 October 2014
I am a big fan of JAK's psi and Arcane stories, all of which I have read and enjoyed. I like each book as a self contained tale but also enjoy the development of the back story that connects them. This is no exception with strong central characters with the usual dust bunny sidekick who seems more intelligent than the villains, and a hint of possible future adventures on Rainshadow. I will be looking out for the next one and hope I do not have too long to wait.
on 10 September 2014
I was very disappointed, not of jak's best, in fact at one point I wondered if someone else had written it . there was no depth or substance to this story, and you know what I feel cheated, but I will be waiting for the next one.
on 19 September 2014
As usual. I really enjoyed this book. I love the Rainshadow community and consider Dust bunnies one of the best 'inventions' ever....I am constantly amazed at how much character Jayne manages to give everyone.
on 15 September 2014
I liked the continuation of the story of Rainshadow Island and the feisty young heroine. I didn't put it down until the end. A very satisfying read.
on 16 January 2017
For me the dust bunnies make this series. They add humour and lightness when the going gets heavy or scary. Let's hear it for the dust bunnies!
on 19 September 2014
This book was great. I really love the dust bunnys, they rock. I always look forward to reading books by this author.
on 16 October 2014
I always like Jayne Anne Krentz books regardless what title she is writing under this one ws no exception