Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 16 August 2014
EXCELLENT
I would now say this is an absolute MUST for anyone who is an ELBOW enthusiast. Further, I would urge anyone who is unfamiliar with ELBOW, to buy this and almost certainly become a fan in a very short time. I don't go to music gigs, but both I and my wife wish we had known of Elbow then and attended this concert, regardless of the rain( and we are - er - of the older generation(s) !)
VINE VOICEon 19 December 2013
What a great album, a must for any Elbow fan. Loads of their hits and a great recording that gives you a feel for the atmosphere. The rain did not dampen the concert and the show went on. The accompanying DVD is great and allows you to have the viewing as well as the listening pleasure. No more to say really, it's brilliant.
on 30 December 2014
I LOVE Elbow but LOVE them even more live! This is brilliant, i just feel so sad every time i hear it because i wasn't there for the concert BUT next best thing is this CD complete with DVD!
on 30 April 2014
Very prompt postage. This is a very well recorded live album which captures the musicianship of the band, the set list is fantastic. My only gripe is the amount of talking, but then it is a live album so it does not detract from a fantastic recording.
on 21 January 2014
A splendid live album! The recording really captures the atmosphere of the concert, complete with audience participation. Excellent sound quality and a good selection of recent elbow material. My only grumble would be the lack of early stuff.
on 9 January 2014
One day like this indeed... despite the most horrendous weather on the day a truly great concert and this immaculate recording is a wonderful reminder and memory of the day enjoyed by all the 'jodrellites'
For some reason, around the middle of 2012, I'd grown a little bored of Elbow. I suppose that, as I'd loved them so passionately and intensely for a couple of years and played both "Leaders Of The Free World" and "The Seldom Seen Kid" so many times, when "Build A Rocket Boys" came out and I didn't absolutely adore it, it was much more of a let-down than it should have been, because it's actually a rather good album. I'd seen them a few times in concert before I saw them at the Isle of Wight festival in 2012 and, to my surprise, I wasn't really into it at all, even though (as TV coverage has since proved) it was an excellent set. I decided at that point that you can have too much of a good thing and I needed a bit of a break from Guy and the band. It wasn't them, you know, it was me. However, it had been a while since I'd last listened to them seriously and when I saw "Live At Jodrell Bank", I was quite pleased to see something new by Elbow and happily bought it.

I'm so glad I did. This superb album has made me fall in love with the band's music all over again and has whetted my appetite for the new studio album which is due out in Spring 2014. I'm a little jealous of those who attended this excellent live show, but, on the other hand, I'm listening to it in my nice, warm, dry house, so perhaps this is the better way to enjoy it! I'm thinking that I need to dust off my copy of "Build A Rocket Boys", because the songs featured on "Live At Jodrell Bank" from that album sound every bit as good as the tracks from my favourite two Elbow releases. They truly are a magnificent band, one of the very best British bands of the last decade and this live album only serves as a reminder of just how magnificent they and their music are as they reel off brilliant song after brilliant song, with conviction, love and a real belief in their material. The power of "Leaders Of The Free World" is almost breathtaking, "The Birds" is mesmerising and "The Loneliness Of The Tower Crane Driver" is simply beautiful.

The audience play an important part on this album too - when you hear them sing "Holy cow, I love your eyes" on "One Day Like This" or the excitement building when they sing the introduction to "Grounds For Divorce", it all add to making this a highly enjoyable live album and, let's face it, live albums can be very hit and miss. Their "Seldom Seen Kid, Live At Abbey Road" album is still probably my favourite live album ever and I didn't think they would be able to release another live album that came anywhere near to that kind of experience, but "Live At Jodrell Bank" very nearly equals it, for the sheer brilliance and emotional response it stirs inside me when I listen to it. I almost feel like I owe Elbow an apology for shunning their music for over a year, but the rest has obviously done me good, because I find myself as enthusiastic about their music now as I was at the peak of my love for the band and really wishing that the new album wasn't still a few months away. In the meantime, of course, we have this to listen to and enjoy... and it's a rather satisfying substitute.
11 Comment| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 November 2013
It is Elbow and that is all you need to know. A great band in an atmospheric setting. I was away in Turkey when it happened so could not go - this is the next best thing.
on 5 December 2013
I was at this show and despite the abismal weather the guys were AWESOME.
This dvd+cd package is a must for any Elbow fan as it documents the band on top form. Superbly filmed and fantastic sound quality make this a must.It captures the beauty of the live show and a magnificent sellection of songs.
The cds lack nothing either.BUY IT NOW
on 10 January 2014
I have loved Elbow from their very first album - they are one of a few bands who I will always buy their albums when they are released. This is well worth buying if you're a fan.