Customer reviews

on 16 November 2014
Excellent console but my review is actually about The Last Of Us to be honest. I thought this game had the best story, writing, acting and pace I've seen/experienced in a long time. The actual game mechanics were a mishmash of various genres but that's OK - it's the narrative that matters and this excelled.
The console itself is good though the fans come on way too easily and are far more noisy than my Xbox One that sits next to it. Obviously the graphics capabilities have been much discussed in comparison to the Xbox so I won't got into that here but needless to say it's a very capable machine. Personally I prefer the UI on the Xbox but that's just me - everyone has a preference. Saying that, if it's a multi-platform title I'll buy for PS4 but if all my friends are buying a game that I intend to play online I'll get X1 version.
One person found this helpful
on 11 September 2014
Gaming as it should be. The Last of Us is an amazing game, it take a little time to get into it, especially getting past an early on encounter with the zombies, but once you do you'll be hooked.

The PS4 is an amazing piece of kit. I was debating for a quite a while to jump from my PS3 and am so glad I did.
3 people found this helpful
on 23 January 2015
All I would say is a lot of new PS4 games are glitchy and need updates/patches which is annoying when you pay £50 for a game. Still have had a lot of fun with this console. The library of games available is rapidly expanding.
on 29 August 2014
It's an awesome console. It's only going to get better, when game designers fully utilise its power. It is expensive but it is still worth it.
on 20 April 2015
upgrade from my ps3 .. ps4 is a top console . looks great .
on 29 March 2015
Fantastic and delivery was quick from the seller
on 13 September 2014
Superb console and the game is truly engaging.
on 18 November 2014
Good games console. Quiet. A few good games available (More to come). Shame they do not do the Xbox Halo series.
on 16 March 2015
Best game ever on the best console.gone back to playstation after many years with a 360 and don't regret it at all.
on 7 September 2014
I would say that the last of us was easily the best game I have ever played and the left behind extra was also insanly good!
The online part of the game is also great and doesn't get boring as quick as other games I've played like cod or how.