on 6 July 2014
I wanted to engage with this book. I did enjoy the characters. But there were sections in the book where the author lost my interest. I will try book two, hopefully it will be more consistent.
on 3 March 2017
A good old story well told. The writing is a bit shaky to start with, but then just gets better and better...I'm hooked...!
on 29 May 2014
I don't often write reviews for books but I decided to make an exception for this one. The descriptions in this book are amazing with vivid scenery and that last just long enough for you to be able to see them in your head but not too long as to be boring as a lot of other books can do. The character development is consistent throughout, with subtle actions that can reveal a character's thoughts infinitely more so than by just saying them. Overall, it is worth buying and I promise you will get lost in the story. Enjoy! :)
on 15 June 2014
A rather typical type of fantasy novel, but not at all stale. There were enough new twists on the old/usual elements to keep it fresh. I personally wouldn't call it epic. The writing style was a bit simple and unpolished for it to that, but an enjoyable read just the same.
on 12 October 2014
The start of a very entertains series, I believe that the author will enjoy leading us on a trail of adventures that will be as entertaining as this little gem. A very good read.
on 3 August 2014
Great book, good characters that evolve as the story develops. The end seemed to arrive a bit suddenly, but then that's what the next book is for I guess.
on 12 June 2014
To be honest I only read about 30% of this book before I became too bored! I eventually came back to it & speed read a few chunks so that I finished it within an hour or so.

I don't want to give it a proper review as that would just take too long, but one thing I will say is that I always felt that there was something missing. Everything was alright, but nothing was of any real note.

I'm sure that others will enjoy it, but it fell short of its promises for me.
on 26 November 2014
A really good read.
on 2 June 2014
Too many over descriptive sentences the prose is trying too hard and the story is tired. Gave up the ghost three chapters in, l wish people would stop trying to be the new Tolkien it never works!