Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.88

on 19 June 2017
I loved this book but the end was a bit disappointing. Otherwise I think it's just great. The letter format made it ever so entertaining. I really enjoyed it.
on 13 February 2014
Obviously the purchase of any "Sequel" to Pride & Prejudice has to be seen as pure indulgence. However, Maggi J Coxon's entertaining attempt is good fun and very easy to read. The letter-writing format makes it easy to 'dip into' as and when you want, and Maggi's style manages to stay close to Austen's light-hearted and acidic wit. The original characters are certainly present behind their respective words!

A good choice for any Austenophiles out there who regard Austen's work as something that can only gain from a little embellishment.
on 28 June 2014
If you have ever longed to return to Jane Austen's beloved world this is the book for you! The letters written from character to character take you deep into the heart of all the trials and tribulations they face, and as the book progresses your attachment to each character grows and grows, I felt pangs especially for Charlotte. Maggi's writing is delicate and witty, reminicsent for Austen's own style, and the characters remained completely true to their form, exactly how I imagined them when I read P+P the first time! Can't wait to read the sequel!
on 15 May 2014
Might as well had been written by Jane Austen herself. Style kept perfectly - who would have thought you can actually have a GOOD follow up to Pride and Prejudice's perfect ending, eh? To me, the characters were exactly like I remembered them from the original. Charming and utterly captivating - I also found the letter style very refreshing, without the overbearing want or need to sound word for word like Austen, which is so common in all the other fan-written sequels.

Maggi has done one hell of a job. Reading the sequel now! ;)
on 24 February 2014
What a strange yet compelling story. The pictures conjured by the letters were clear and very entertaining. It was told in just the expected tone for an alternative version or continuance of Pride and Prejudice. I don't know how ms Coxon was able to keep the story going.
on 24 March 2014
like other reviewers I dont particularly like books based solely on series of letters. However, this book was fantastic. I only gave it 4 stars bevause it was too short. Looking forward to the next instalment .
on 26 April 2015
I found the version a nice change from the norm. It reads like a series of letters to and fro between the main characters . Which is of cause how they would have communicated in that era.
on 18 April 2014
Character names were confused at times but a nice pov in terms of letters. Well done! Ended a bit abruptly. Bring on the sequel
on 4 April 2015
Having struggled through 4 chapters I can honestly say this is one of the dullest books I have ever read totally without any substance. What the idea of writing the whole book through letters to each other is beyond me.