on 30 May 2014
I really didn't think that I'd like this book as much as the first in the series but I was wrong, this was another amazing read.

Leah never thought she'd be cut out for a relationship after being dumped by her ex when she needed him most. When a famous movie star walks into her life and gives her a night to remember Leah struggles to forget him. Declan doesn't do relationships, he likes meaningless nights of fun with women and never the same one twice until the memories of his amazing night with Leah refuse to leave his head. Declan returns to Virginia to make a new movie and decides he must see Leah again to get her out of his system but reopening the door isn't as easy as he thought.

The emotional twists and turns in this story are addictive, I couldn't put the book down until I'd read the last page. I loved the story and the characters were a delight especially Declan and Leah. I'll look forward to reading the next book in the series.
on 17 September 2014
Awe so lovely, so sweet, so romantic.

Loving catching up with Clare and Logan! Oh and Maddie.

Hmmm whats the significance with Connor?

Oh Leah, spunky, deisty, beautiful, compassionate, cheery no nonsense kind of gal!

And Declan... clearly handsome! roughty toughty with a sweetness that doesn't revoke his man card!

We briefly met Declan in Logan and Clare's book "When You're Ready" and to be honest I had forgotten how their one night ended, but it certainly didn't take anything away from this book.

So Logan calls on Leah to help with an orphaned boy Connor , and I had no clue as to his significance, but it all becomes clear! So Leah's good huge heart, comforts the heartbroken lost boy.

Then Leah is vegging after an emotional hard shift at work, when she opened the door to Declan.... SO loved the reunion, Made me chuckle! both were determined to get what they wanted but both holding steadfast. She said NO! YAY go Girl! he was a really cocky arrogant ass he deserved the NO!

Their back stories were quite tough, they both endured hardships but both had people that took them in and showed them both that their own family lives weren't 'normal'

So big 'hotshot' Movie Star used to getting his own way has totally met his match in Leah. They were great together, and had some very hot sexy scenes, needed the fans to cool off!

So lovely to see how Clare and Logan are doing with his treatment. Things are going well! so pleased for them both.

Ahhhh Garret or Goober the younger but hot handsome brother of CLare. He is missing a piece of his jigsaw! Hope he gets a HEA!

The love between Leah and Declan went from hot passion bedroom antics to a deep heartfelt love, although they both tried to avoid the inevitable. They were made for each other!

I loved how protective and possessive (Not creepy!) way Declan was during Thanksgiving, and when he stepped up after her father's attach, Swoon! He really saw the real Leah. What he did for her, after her father showed his true colours, I wanted to jump into my kindle and hug him - My hero!!!!!

Loved the LA red carpet experience every girl needs a red carpet moment, not to mention the hateful jealous ex or easy lay! Leah done good.

I loved how welcoming Clare's family are, so open and so friendly.

Glas that Declan owned up to his betrayal at Logan and Clare's wedding, he rectified himself.

Oh how sweet is Connor, gonna be breaking hearts when he's older!

This was a great romance story, with the build up of the characters, with the undying love that Leah and Declan shared.

I thought the introduction of Connor, Leah & Declan, was a heartfelt sweet and very tender moment. They both helped Connor get to grips with his grief over his mom's sudden departure from his life, that was very sad to loos your mom at that tender age of 7. She had kept Declan's identity from Connor, Declan dealt with knowing about and meeting Connor wonderfully.

Again Declan, my hero! comes to Leah and Connor's rescue when her deadbeat father comes back to cause havoc and drama. He's going to get his comeuppance.

Awe the proposal was absolutely perfect, glad to share a sweet and romantic moment. Their wedding was Fab too! What a Wedding Present!
on 28 May 2014
Great second book I can't believe I waited this long to read it I bought it ages ago!! I loved the heart breaking first book and I didn't think this book would be anywhere near as good and boy was I wrong Declan is sooooo yummy and we get a good dose of uber sexy Logan too!!! Leah is really funny and not a whiney cow great book can't wait to read Garretts book.
on 11 May 2014
This book touched my heart. The story drew you in. I love a good love story . This blew me away. I read a lot but rarely do I find a story that touches me deeply. This is the second book I have read from j l berg. And I look forward to more of her books.
on 7 February 2014
I really enjoyed When You're Ready; I thought it was a good debut from J. L Berg so I had absolutely no hesitation in reading this. And whilst the characters cross over, Never Been Ready could be read as a standalone.

This had everything that I thought the first book slightly lacked; it flowed better and was a book that surprised me hugely. Leah had a reasonably large part in the first book, Declan was more fleeting, but both are unexpected characters and as much as I loved Logan and Claire, Leah and Declan were something else.

It's hot, sexy and heartfelt, fun, passionate and heart wrenching. You simply can't not want them to find their HEA, but with one a Hollywood hero and the other a quiet town nurse, the question is can they make it work...

A book I would definitely recommend and I can't wait for Garrett's book.
on 21 August 2015
I read this after reading book 1 . loved it once again. im so glad it was a nice ending for little connor after reading about him at the start!
definetly read this book although you need to read book 1 to understand the characters in this book
on 11 July 2015
I got so engrossed with the first book in the series I just had to read book two and have to say I enjoyed the storyline. How lives of people can alter just by the treatment of their parents and how they overcome their beginning of an upheaval childhood
on 6 February 2014
Really enjoyed this book as I knew I would, just as good as the first, you don't have to read both, but first book is well worth the read and the same characters are in the 2nd so you know their story, quite emotional in parts just go's to prove what a good writer Miss Berg is she writes from the heart, wish I knew some one like Leah she's fab.
on 6 February 2014
I thought the first book when your ready was fantastic and have been waiting for this book for ages and all I can say is it was well worth the wait fantastic doesn't begin to say how good this story was and how it pulled in the other characters 5 stars was not enough jl berg you outdid yourself with this one a must read series roll on May
on 3 June 2014
I loved the first book about Logan and Claire . This one about Leah and Declan did not disappoint. These two were perfect for each other. Great banter. Hot chemistry and a lovely story. Nice to have Logan and Claire involved in the book too.