Customer reviews

Through a Woman's Eyes
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 20 February 2014
A beautiful story set around a great British history. This book not only delves into the life of a young girl struggling to comes terms with what is regarded as being moraly wrong due to her preference in other girls instead of boys, the unrequited love of her best friend and growing up in war torn London; it also gives you very historic facts and insight into what it was like to live through the war, helping out those less fortunate and gaining and losing friends and loved ones along the way.

A book that can be enjoyed by everyone of all ages.
on 28 June 2014
This is a love story told through the eyes of an older woman looking back on her life beginning with the outbreak of the Second World War. As a backdrop to the love story that evolves you get an amazing history of London and the changing landscape caused by the devastation of the war. The amount of research the author must have done is incredible. The woman gives us an insight into how life was growing up in that period knowing you were different and were never going to fit into a stereotypical life of boy meets girl, marries, has babies etc. You can feel her struggle with accepting her sexuality and yet you don't feel sorry for her. Her life unfolds beautifully and it's very tastefully told. I would definitely recommend this book not just for the love story but the history lesson too!
on 7 March 2015
This is one of the best, thought provoking, educational, love stories I've ever read.
I actually ordered it on my kindle, then bought the hard copy.
The amount of research that went into this book is incredible.
It takes you though a life of a woman, starting in the 30's right through. The struggles of life and love and the lessons we learn along the way, keep you turning them pages.
on 26 December 2014
I cannot believe the amount of work that must have gone into this book. the history from before world war 11 up to present day. The history of the women's movement. All wrapped up in a romance that spanned several decades It was amazing. If you are a young woman coming to terms with your sexuality or an old codger like me there is something in this book for everyone. Thank you for a wonderful book.Amazing
on 26 February 2014
Once I began to read this book it captivated me. As I grew up in Barking I could relate to the author's description of old Barking town.
The way the character of Eliza made her decisions through life, I'm sure most women related to her steely determination and the ultimate choice she made.
on 14 February 2015
Enjoyable read perhaps too much history albeit modern. Actual relationship/romance missing in storyline
And Too London based
For many people.
on 7 July 2015
I really liked this story I felt a part if it. It's a must read book, I can't wait to purchase another by this author
on 4 March 2016
Excellent read. Meticulously researched with humility and depth of character. A very talented author.