on 19 December 2016
I specifically bought this product because I needed a left hand cable entry (as illustrated) and I couldn't find one anywhere else. When I pointed out that it was right hand side and asked them to change the advert photo (never asked for or wanted a refund), the explanation I got was that to comply with British Standards the cable entry must be right hand side (not correct as any side will comply). When I thanked the seller for the explanation and light-heartedly said that I found it odd that they should advertise a product that does not comply with British Standards (in their own words), I got a threat of legal action for being libellous! I had to chuckle at that :)

All I was trying to do was to be helpful to them. They now have another negative review that they would not have got had they not tried to bully me with legal action.
15 people found this helpful
on 8 October 2015
This item is very poor quality!
After a few days use one of the sockets stopped working completely. I removed the security screws with the special tool required and was surprised to find the electrical cable was badly crimped onto the metal socket terminals and the wires for LED's used to illuminate the switches are just wrapped around the terminals!
After soldering the LED wires and the main electrical cable onto the terminals this extension lead is now usable but I would definitely not recommend it to anyone without the tools and electrical knowledge to repair it safely!
14 people found this helpful
on 13 January 2016
The product works as specified and all of the sockets / switches functioned correctly. However I don't think it is particularly well made. The rocker switches seem to be slightly loose and time will tell if they last. The sockets require some force to insert/remove the plugs. Finally the lead exited from the right hand side of the product and not the left as shown in the photograph.
8 people found this helpful
on 16 January 2018
I ordered this as I needed an extension lead to come from the left hand direction, and this, with it's lead from the left, seemed ideal. Until it arrived and found the cord came from the right. Returned the original and requested a replacement. However this second one was also wrong. Do not buy this item if you need one where the cord comes out of the left, some people may be lucky however it's more likely you will not be.
3 people found this helpful
on 11 July 2016
Works Fine, however as pointed out in the many other reviews - this turned up with the lead coming from the right rather then the left as shown in the Picture, annoying as I needed it from the left. You might think the supplier would have addressed this issue by given the number of complaints
7 people found this helpful
on 23 December 2017
As others have said the pictures suggest the cable enters through the left hand side of the unit which was the sole reason for my choosing this unit over others I had seen. On the unit I received, the cable enters through the right hand side, which doesn't suit the application I had in mind.
The unit itself is neat and tidy and each individual switch is illuminated when in use, it'll probably be fine for another application but I think the seller could have taken steps to disabuse potential purchasers of the misleading entry point of the cable, particularly when attention had been drawn to it.
Not someone I'd purchase from again.
review image
on 17 January 2015
I needed an extension to run along my porch wall and around the door frame so I could have a power point in the one corner there wasn't one in my living room (tut, Victorian houses...) and this was perfect. The individual switches mean I don't have to worry about having everything that's plugged in switched on. If you want the cable clips to do the same. you'll need ones to accommodate an 8mm cable, wich are I think 12mm in length.
5 people found this helpful
on 24 September 2017
This is a great extension lead with good sturdy build quality and thick cable. It has individual red colour LED's that light up only when the sockets are switched on. It can be wall mounted by using two screws. However, it is NOT a left sided cable entry as per photos and other reviews, hence only 4 stars.
on 25 November 2017
Have given two stars for the reason that I ordered this because it showed the cable exiting on the left hand side which it does not!!!
So now have an ugly loop of cable showing, apart from that I can’t fault the quality.
on 18 October 2016
Item purchased and after installing cable behind boarding discovered that two of the switches did not operate effectively, occasionally not initiating a live feed into that specific socket. Emailed issue without response so not impressed either with product or service from provider.