Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 23 April 2015
Couldn't stop reading. I read the whole series back to back and am starting the next ones asap
on 27 April 2016
good
on 9 July 2017
I'm glad that I stuck with this series, even though the battle scenes are repetitive and the heroic death scenes are practically carbon copies from book to book.
The politics and deep conspiracy come to the fore in this book, Starks insane plan comes to fruition just as the war with the first imperium ends.
The marines are bled dry with no reserves but still the rise to the challenge of defending human space.
Overall it was a good book with a nice solid scifi plot
on 2 February 2014
Another cracking instalment to a strong series by Jay Allan, well worth a read, I managed to finish it in one sitting. Well worth the wait, now crack on with the next one, I can't wait....
on 21 March 2014
The Shadow Legion another twist in the story and no rest for the good guys. I have only commented on this book but the comments are valid for every book in the series. The whole saga is well written bar a little over repeating which I find annoying and totally unnecessary.
The Story is fast paced and nail biting at times, my kindle’s batteries are burning. Keep up the good work
on 3 March 2014
well we had to wait ages for this Jay but was it worth it ,well the story is good but the last couple of chapters are awful, you have got characters confused, Stark and Vance get mixed up , inexcusable, terrible spelling errors and grammar, but you get the gist of it, get someone to read it first mate to stop these errors, but love the series please hurry up with the next one..
on 20 February 2014
Average book in the series. After the big battles with the machines, this seemed anti climatic. It just brings me back to the first few books where things were actually happening. Now it seems like pointless squabbly battles with the same characters we've always had.

Short story: It's a good read, but nothing that sticks in your mind, hence 3 star.
on 21 August 2014
Just finished this and it's a great continuation to the series.

Cain needs to become slightly less aloof and robotic as I think it's killing his character off.

Needs the series to conclude soon before it is stretched out too far and gets samey and boring, but another book or two would be fine :-)
on 16 December 2014
I was so caught up with this series, when Cain and Garrett had overcome the First Imperium. Only to face Starks Shadow Legions. I could not read it, so after quite some time I came back. Brilliant story, full of tension and plenty of battles. I loved it, now for the next book; no waiting on my side this time!
on 5 June 2016
More battle romps but with a new and intriguing enemy, A fascinating development to the Saga as the Intelligence Services try to hide the misdoings behind the scenes, A really good read and more to come it seems,
Harast