Customer reviews

Now That We've Found Love
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 July 2017
Great album. Really good songs on this best of
on 29 May 2014
I remember the advertising for the first Third World album. "This one will run and run". Part of the Island stable at a time the label was doing more for reggae than anyone else Third World promised great things. The first two albums with their mix of almost Americanised harmonies didn't set the world on fire but their disco and chart scorcher Now That We Found Love introduced them to a much wider audience making them one of Islands big acts. I always enjoyed their music from the opening track of their first album to the last Island album which if I remember was only available on import. Their colourful sleeves suggested the sunny feel of their music which was always upbeat even when the subject matter was not. Their overall appeal was more mainstream than roots but a great band all the same. I've waited a long time to find a decent compilation and now its come along. A long wait but well worth it. It would be nice if Universal were to follow the lead of Sony with re-releases of sets of albums at a low price (packs of 5 in replica sleeves) rather than compilations because you are always going to find something missing from a 'best of'. Non the less this is a great value set for fans of the band who'll mainly have vinyl albums rather than cds its also a great introduction to a most enjoyable band.
on 16 March 2014
Gave this disc four stars as this is a substantial compilation of tracks from Third World' Island records catalogue spanning from 1976 to 1980. Third World music takes me back to my heady school days when life was a mystery and those long summer school holidays crawled along at a snails pace as we listened to those early Third World LP' and singles as we lazed in the garden with the Hi Fi strategically located by the back door with the speaker wire trailing into the garden attached to those big old brown boxes of sound.
The music is sublime and not as political as Marley who we also listened too avidly. Third World had the edge for their wonderful melodies some of which were disco gems. This disc includes some early single sides such as 'Freedom Song' and 'Railroad Track' which included a different band line up. Plenty of tracks from 96 Degrees In The Shade and Journey To Addis' LP' both of which I wore the grooves off of the original albums. Surprise for me was the five tunes from 'The Story's Been Told' which I am unable to locate for a reasonable price on CD however the version of 'Talk To Me' is the truncated mix which was released as a 7" single way back in the day.
If you want sunshine in your life then you must buy this cd as this collection is the musical version of a sunny day and these tunes lift your spirits.
Final words, surely it is about time that a release of a complete collection of Third World' music is compiled and made available for their avid fans, I for one would buy it.
on 4 November 2014
I had forgot about this band and seeing them by chance on Amazon I bought their CD, its great.
on 29 September 2016
This is a must for Third World Fans, probably the best collection of Third world's songs put together on one CD from the Island years, of course there will always be one track that is missing for you, because they have so much great songs and music to pick from, but you can play this all day long and don't have to skip a tune like some best of CD's. Enjoy.
on 28 June 2015
I finally got to play this album an hour or two ago and there's a lot of stuff I love, plus one or two songs I'd forgotten about! Brilliant production from a band I've loved for many years, this is one album to grab for your collection. Wonder why the CD is no longer advertised? I'm sure I bought it in that format originally. I'll have to check.
on 10 July 2014
Brilliant
on 3 November 2015
I'm loving this classic piece of Reggae. I brought an LP of theirs many years ago and haven't come across them since.
on 28 November 2016
bought to replace vinyl...........
on 3 February 2016
Just as I imagined, great music