Customer reviews

Grace Falls
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.25

on 11 July 2017
This is a lovely story but also really funny too , the characters are brilliant too.I can't wait to read more books by H.P. Munro.
on 15 March 2017
Such an easy and engaging read. You will fall in love with the characters and the town. Looking forward to reading the next one.
on 7 April 2017
Warm, witty & wonderfully cheery. The perfect book to read on a dreich day. It has all the right ingredients in perfect measures: engaging characters (not cardboard cutouts) with credible backstories, friendship, angst, trials & tribulations, lots of chuckles & guffaws ... and sweet romance.
Looking forward to reading more from this author!
on 19 November 2016
Super, smart & extremely funny.....oh & a bit of romance thrown into boot!! Great novel....I devoured it & the other 3 H.P Munro books one after another
on 5 March 2014
Got this book because it looked amusing. It was a terrific read. I made the mistake of reading part of it whilst in a coffee shop. Some of the 'laugh out loud' moments earned me so really funny looks.
It was easy to love both our heroines. I think Jessica probably got some of the best lines.
Well recommended
on 2 February 2014
I bought this last night, and iv just finished it, a easy and very enjoyable read, had me laughing out load at the banter between characters a sighing in frustration at the leading ladies lack of communication. Will no doubt read it again in a couple of days 😅😅😅
on 2 May 2014
Doctor Madeleine Marinelli, (Maddie)has decided it's time for a change. After being dumped by her partner, Joanna, of twelve years, she has no reason to stay in Atlanta. Maddie lines up a prestigious job as head of an ER in San Francisco. Unfortunately, or may be fortunately, Maddie didn't make it to San Francisco. Her beloved T-Bird broke down en route, just outside of the tiny town of Grace Falls. Her car is going to take a while to repair due to some shenanigans by the mechanics at the garage. Meanwhile, Maddie gets caught up in the laid back way of life in a small town and meeting some of it's quirky residents.

Alex Milne has spent most of her life caring for others, now she's raising her young daughter, Jessica, while running her own coffee shop. When Alex meets Maddie, she is immediately attracted to her. But she can't chance getting involved with her. Maddie will not be staying in town. She'll be leaving as soon as her car is fixed. Alex simply can't risk her heart, can she?

This is the first book I've read by H.P. Munro. I have to say, it won't be the last as I thoroughly enjoyed it. The story is a true delight to read. The two main characters, Maddie and Alex are so obviously made for each other. Both are multi-faceted with a fantastic back up cast of secondary characters all interacting wonderfully well together to progress the story forward. Alex's daughter, Jessica, was the star of this book. She's humorous and years older than her actual biological age. In fact, she had me literally laughing out loud at some of her antics.

I loved that this book was set in a small American town where everyone knew everyone else's business. In some cases, even before they knew it themselves. It all added to the closeness of the characters, although it in turn caused some problems. Which added to the entertainment value.

The one thing I would have liked to know was `what happened to the Grace family that Grace Falls is named after'. They were alluded to and I kept waiting for them to either put in an appearance or for some sort of explanation. There was a small mention of Alex and Charlotte Grace, but that was all. Just a minor point and it didn't spoil the story one bit. There was so much going on at all times.

There were a few typos and grammatical errors, but nothing that pulled me out of the story.

I would love to meet these characters again. A sequel would be more than welcome.
on 9 March 2014
A sweet romance with characters I liked and understood. The book seemed short, or rather quick to read, but maybe I was just enjoying something that didn't tax me too much. The setting was clear without being shoved down my throat with endless description. Support characters were interesting but not intrusive, and both leads were well written. The dialog didn't feel forced or intent on convincing me everybody in the world is a witty comic; it felt natural. In fact the writing reminded me of some of Robin Alexander's work - and that's definitely no insult.

A tighter edit would have fixed a few little annoyances, however. Grammar at times was a bit perturbing. Sentences here and there were kind of mixed and confused. And the punctuation needs work! A bit too frequently commas were either missing, or in the wrong place. It unfortunately made reading slightly jarring on occasion, but ...I still very much enjoyed the writing, and the story. The small problems didn't spoil the whole for me, but I still expect a better editing job when paying to read.

Definitely a fun, sweet little story, quibbles aside. I'll be sure to check out more work from this author.
on 22 December 2015
A year after Maddie gets left by her wife she decides to move to San Francisco to head up an ER Department. Along the way her car breaks down and she finds herself stuck in a small town. Maddie agrees to be the town Dr until her car is fixed...then she meets Jessica and her mom Alex. Will love give these two a chance at happiness or will they find they are just too different to make it work?

I adored this story. Its a bit Doc Hollywood and even makes reference to that in the book. I found the crazy cast of characters a hoot. They were so realistic just like in the small town I grew up in. Everyone has their quirks and everyone knows what and who everyone else is doing. The growing attraction between Maddie and Alex is so sweet and tender and fragile. I fell in love with both of them and my heart broke my heart a bit when Maddie felt forced to leave. Little Jessica is just a precocious pip that breathed fresh air into tense situations. The ending was more perfect than I could have hoped for. This is a thoroughly wonderful book to be treasured.
on 23 November 2016
I've read and enjoyed all of this author's books on Kindle. I first read this book back in April 2014, but wasn't in the habit of posting reviews then. I re-read it now to refamiliarise myself with the lives and loves of the residents of Grace Falls in small-town Alabama, before reading the author's latest, "Saving Grace".
I have to say that I had forgotten just how sweet this is. The gossip and 'everyone knowing everyone else's business' of a small town is lovingly brought to life and the main protagonists, Maddie and Alex, are adorable as they initially bumble towards each other, neither realising the other is gay....until it all spills out. In fact, all the residents of this small town are lovingly drawn.
There is a classic cliche of 'the big misunderstanding' so beloved by romantic fiction writers, but I can even forgive this book that because it is so 'snuggly warm' and good in other ways. It won't take you long to read, as you simply don't want to put it down! All in all, just lovely...!