Customer reviews

The Worricker Trilogy [DVD] [2013]
Format: DVD|Change

on 29 June 2014
Really liked this trilogy. Had only seen Page Eight before and was glad to see there were sequels to it. Bill Nighy was very
good as the main character. Would recommend viewing this set.
on 8 June 2014
I would recommend this trilogy to wants to see a good solid cast doing some really good acting. The stories are interlinked and Bill Nighy shines in this and really brought his character to life. The writing by David Hare was very realistic and made the situations in which he placed his characters very real. The locations were also very good and made the set very life like. It is part of my collection and I will watch this more than once.
Well Done to all concerned.
on 14 December 2014
I put my hand up to being a Bill Nighy fan and there is a huge amount to delight in these three explorations of the murky underworld surrounding the "special relationship" and its impact on political expediency and human decency. I would not agree (as some reviewers suggest) that the themes are dated - they seem to me to keep coming around - but it is fair to say that the drama here is in the dialogue, as opposed to the pyrotechnics of the Bond/Bourne odysseys (enjoyable as they can be). There is great chemistry between Bill Nighy and the female leads too and (to my mind anyway) a wonderful flavour of ironic insight into the way truth speaks to power. There is a richness to the project; returning to all three episodes always yields something new. Well worth watching.
on 24 September 2015
Bill Nighy is, as always, absolutely superb.
Even though I sometimes find David Hare a little too single-minded in getting across his view(s), I found these thrillers thought-provoking and very watchable, especially DVDs 1 and 3 ('Page Eight' and 'Salting the Battlefield') - ('Turks & Caicos' I found a little bit too incredulous for a plot).
Good, intelligent and enjoyable watching.
on 2 September 2017
A thoroughly entertaining and riveting series which stars the admirable Bill Nighy in the lead role as Worricker.
Although each film stands on its own, each one smoothly leads into the next film in the trilogy. The whole series was written and directed by David Hare, this is a top notch TV spy drama filmed with a superb cast of actors.
on 8 March 2017
Enjoyed this box set, well acted and directed and kept you on your toes. Just as you sorted it out in your head it took another turn.
on 24 August 2017
..started out so well but the final disc lost it a bit for me..I think that possibly owing to the first DVD being such a good story that it was always going to be a challenge to keep up such a great standard.
..I'd say be forgiving & give it a chance but don't hold such high expectations for DVDs 2 & 3 (..as I did).
on 15 September 2017
I love Bill Nighy as an actor and before watching 'Page 8', had no idea about his Worricker role. Once I saw there was two further sequels, I just had to get them and after one ('Turks and Cakos'), I cannot wait for the third. Brilliant acting by Nighy and good supportring cast(s).
on 12 August 2017
Not a patch on the night manager but still watchable. There are parts of his adventures that have been missed out and when u watch it, you will wonder how he gets to the places he ends up at. Good cast but lacking the brilliance, in my opinion, of the night manager. Still, a good buy and easy to watch.
on 22 August 2017
I really enjoyed this, even more second time of viewing. Bill Nighy is always fun to watch, maybe because he doesn't take himself too seriously and Ralph Fiennes is ...well....Ralph Fiennes who has never given a bad performance. Supporting cast are good, too.