Colour: Rosewood|Change
Price:£495.00+ Free shipping

on 16 August 2012
Very pleased. After using a Yamaha NP-30 with Graded Soft Touch keys for some time, I decided it was time to move to something with a more realistic feel. I took my time shopping around and came across the Axus D2 Digital Piano. All the product reviews I came across online were positive, so I decided to make my purchase.

Pros:

Superb value for money. Nice design and style. Easy to assemble but will require two persons. The keys have a nice, graded and weighted feel, and the matte black keys add a quality feel which I much prefer over glossy black keys. It has good quality piano sound / timbre, with an adjustable reverb effect which makes it sound even better. It has four speakers which do well to fill the room, and although I think the bass could be deeper, it has good and acceptable dynamic range for a digital piano.

Cons:

Can't honestly think of any negatives to note!

Conclusion:

Nice modern design and style. Good feel - matte black keys add a nice touch. Good piano sound / timbre. Very affordable and superb value for money. Highly recommended.

My demo of Axus D2 Digital Piano:

Please check out my piano rendition of 'Payphone' by Maroon 5 ft. Wiz Khalifa - performed on my Axus D2 digital piano (YouTube Channel - alvinc5):

[...]
on 1 May 2015
I bought this after having had two Yamaha YDP 142 pianos develop a fault very shortly after purchase and thought I'd try a different brand. I bought it based on the other reviews here on Amazon as well as other ones on the internet. I simply cannot understand the numerous five star ratings of this piano. I was very excited when it arrived based on the reviews, but the first thing I noticed was that there was damage to the keyboard casing which someone had very clumsily tried to repair. This was a tremendous disappointment, I contacted Amazon and they agreed to supply me with a replacement. However, they also advised that I continue to assemble the piano and then I would only have to change over the keyboard part (which of course is by far the heaviest part) when the replacement arrived. I have to say that Amazon were extremely helpful in this regard.

However, it was after full assembly that I realised that I would not want a replacement after all. The thing sounds horrible when compared to a Yamaha, let alone an actual acoustic piano. Really horrible. The notes sound shallow, 'tinny' and have absolutely no 'song' in them at all. I fiddled with the settings for some time, plugged in some Bose speakers and even an acoustic amplifier but nothing made this instrument sound good.

Another thing I did not like was the feel of the keys when playing. They feel clunky and heavy and the weighting action is laughable. If you press lightly you play soft, if you press just a little heavier it is loud. Those are the two choices. Expression and mood cannot be achieved with this instrument.

The finish of this instrument is described as "rosewood". It is most certainly not rosewood. My adult daughter and I were looking at it and I commented that it was black although it had been sold as rosewood. She immediately responded "Mum, it's not even black. It's grey". She was right. The cabinet is dull, cheap, ugly and looks old faded black-turned-grey furniture that's been left in sunlight for too long. Frankly it's an embarrassment to have it in my home next to my good quality rosewood piano stool which highlights the inferior quality of the piano.

On reflection, I do notice that many of the reviews state that they purchased the instrument for a beginner, for their children or for someone else. If you are an experienced high intermediate or advanced pianist I would strongly suggest you heed my advice and avoid this instrument. I would MUCH rather have a Yamaha where one key is defective than have this. Now I have to go through the process of re-boxing another heavy piano and returning it. What will I do next? Something I previously said I would not do: go back to Yamaha and purchase an Arius YDP S51 in the hope that it proves more reliable than the YDP 142 models and knowing for certain that it will be a great deal better than this Axus digital piano.
review image review image review image
11 Comment| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 November 2012
I have 3 young boys. The eldest 2 were keen to start piano. The D2 is perfect for us. It looks great, but is really robust and can take some clobber from my youngest ! Also I am really impressed with the piano sound. It sounds just like a real piano and is touch sensitive so you can play softly or loudly. The boys love the different voices on it, particularly the variety of different percussion sounds and demo songs. It is also possible to record playing one hand and then play it back while practising the other hand. It has been a fantastic purchase for our family and will get an awful lot of use.
on 14 February 2012
I was really worried,
I have tried many real acoustic pianos including a £2000 Yamaha upright piano, a £10,000 Yamaha baby grand piano and a £900 Yamaha digital piano (this was the only digital one I have tried).
The £10,000 Yamaha baby grand piano was by far the best, it was superb - the instrument of my dreams however, this Axus digital piano I found to be much better than the Yamaha Clavinova even though the Yamaha is much more expensive and well known, the sound is extremely fake, it has a fake touch and seems cheaply made which I would rate 4/10, the Yamaha upright piano was okay however I was not very fond of it, I would rate it 6 out of 10. It sounds too deep but it's okay. the Axus I would rate it as 9/10 because it has a beautiful soft touch, it sounds elegant and very realistic and the design is by far the best in comparison to all digital pianos. The sound I would rate 9/10, the touch I would rate also 9/10 and the appearance I would say 10/10. And finally the Yamaha baby grand without doubt I would say 10/10 which is worth a much higher rating. Anyway, getting back to the review I think that the Axus digital piano, is superb and the price is at least 100/10 for the value you get. The Axus digital piano is ideal for learners as well as experienced users, easy to use, user friendly, has many features and it comes with a brilliant seat. There are some superb pieces in the demo 3 of which I absolutely love. Before I would always wait impatiently to get onto the old acoustic pianos at my school at lunch but now I no longer use them because they are nothing in comparison to this. This is by far better than any upright piano and by far better than most digital pianos and very close to the grand piano. Very good quality, extremely happy customer - love it.
on 5 December 2012
I was looking around for a piano for my granddaughter to practice on. Bought this one on the reviews of others,glad I did excellent and sound very realistic, she loves it. Went together easily and looks good.Delivery by palletways quick and without a hitch.Highly recommended.
on 22 January 2012
I am delighted with this Piano. I played the piano years ago and wanted something to renew my limited rusty skills and that the children could learn on. It arrived within days and was easy to put together. It plays beautifully and feels like a traditional piano with a lovely sound. The children are delighted with all the percussion options and the piano bench is a lovely bonus.Excellent value. I have bought some headphones to allow me to play while the others are television watching and also to allow the children to experiment as much as possible. An ideal option not available with your traditional piano!
22 Comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2012
We decided to buy a digital piano to help the children with their musical studies. After looking at the various websites available we got a lot of conflicting advice so looked on amazon, with a price in mind. This seemed to be the best value for money while still having the visual appeal of a real piano.
We found it very easy to put together, the sound is great and it looks attractive. It was delivered in two large boxes which made it easy to manhandle. The only tool needed for assembly was a cross head screwdriver.
The piano has 7 main settings such as Grand Piano, Electric Piano, Organ etc, but it also has another 128 'sounds' it can make such as flutes, violins, bagpipes and even gunshots and helicopters! There are eight demo tracks; 3 by Chopin, and 1 each by Debussy, Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven, and a pop tune. It has many other features such as recording and metronome.
We are really pleased with this product and look forward to hearing the children play and maybe even having a go ourselves! Recommended.
on 7 February 2012
As a woodwind teacher who has always hankered after playing the piano, I saw this digital piano and decided to take the leap. It arrived two days later (after a courtesy call from the retailer asking when the best day to deliver would be!) in two well packed boxes. Setup was relatively simple but takes two people (it's a very well built robust instrument). Worth hunting through the boxes for the proper instructions as the diagram that you find first is not easy to follow. This is a well designed, beautiful looking digital piano. The sound is amazing for the money and it has a lovely "feel" (the touch can be adjusted to suit your playing style). Feels and sounds just like a real acoustic piano, with three very sturdy pedals. You get an aweful lot of bells and whistles for your money. The main sounds are well sampled and sound very authentic (piano, organ, harpsichord to name but a few), my son had great fun playing around with the percussion sounds (he's a drummer). All in all very pleased with my purchase. Highly recommended.
on 24 July 2013
I needed a piano for my daughter to learn on. Took a chance on this due to the excellent reviews. It came promptly in two enormous boxes. I managed to assemble some on my own but needed an extra person to finish assembly which was very straight forward. The result is a very attractive piano in our loving room with a quality, robust look to it. It is very sturdy and has withstood the best my two toddlers can throw at it!! I am a mere amateur but to me it sounds excellent, nice rich bass and crystal clear higher tones. Headphone option is very useful, as are the variety of voices you can use.
on 15 January 2016
Hi poor quality piano. The action and weight of the keys is way off a real piano. Dynamic range is hard to control. Black and white notes wieghted differently so hard to play clean chords. Soft pedal is awful. It goes instantly soft and cannot be used whilst playing my rachmaninoff piece. The sustain pedal does not sustain correctly the notes fade far too quickly. All in all its poor for the price. Id avoid at all costs.