on 28 November 2014
Oh Dear! Wanting to grasp the basics easily, I thought this would be ideal (I'm an ex-PC user, but don't get on with the new Windows OS) - I was wrong! If you are not an expert, then like me, this will probably baffle you. It's a book for those with some considerable basic Mac knowledge, in my opinion. I gave up quite quickly. The local charity shop will be getting a heavy book from me. I found a much better solution on YouTube - there are some really good tutorials there - and they are free!
on 6 January 2016
At the time of writing this review I am only 15% through reading this but have so far found it very informative. I am new to the MacBook but am an Apple person with other devices which I think has helped a great deal. I went for the kindle edition but think it would help to have the paper copy next to the MacBook so that I could flip through the pages. I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend to anyone new to MacBook Pro.
on 27 April 2014
The way this is layer out, I thought it would be a great help with my first MacBook. However the apple support online is a far better point of reference, which made this book a bit of a waste. But it would prove extremely useful for someone who has never used a mac or a computer before as it very easy to understand.
on 19 October 2014
As a newcomer to Apple found this very useful
on 28 May 2014
AS I HAVE JUST SAID IN HEAD LINE,THIS BOOK ABOUT THIS MAGIC APPLE-MACBOOK-PRO IS SO ENJOYABLE TO READ AND TO LEARN MANY,MANY NEW WAY'S TO OPERATE THE COMPUTER,IT KNOOCK'S FOR SIX MY OLD WINDOWS 8:I,APPLE HAVE ME FOR LIFE USING THEM TO THE END.
on 29 March 2016
Very in depth, highly detailed and covers just about every aspect of using a Macbook Pro.

If you're a Macbook Pro user (or even an iMac or Macbook user) this is in my opinion the 'Mac Bible'
on 25 May 2014
well written and illustrated. Essential learning and explanation manual for most people wanting to get the most from a Mac Workbook Pro.
on 14 January 2015
it is quiet easy to follow as I have no knowledge of apple at all so as a novice I think it is worth the money
on 16 January 2016
Yes, it helped enormously - but a shame its use was necessary. Have been using Mac's since 1980's. Why ? Because everything worked and they never crashed. Buying a MacBook Pro with Yosemite was probably the worst purchase I have made in decades. All those qualities have disappeared. The multi purpose touch pad is a disaster, must have been designed by the Taliban, you expect the thing to blow up with every touch. Instead of simplicity the system constantly provides miles of alternatives, simple things like dragging stuff becomes complex, it won't connect effectively to anything that isn't Apple and expensive. Bring back the typewriter.
on 10 October 2014
very good tells you what you need to know