TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 30 August 2014
My daughter (age 9), has been nagging me for weeks to purchase this film for her to download to her Kindle Fire and last night I finally succumbed. Living in the depths of the Welsh countryside our Internet connection is pretty slow so this film took a while to download and my daughter rushed upstairs to watch it.

Five minutes later she came downstairs crying her eyes out telling me that her Kindle had 'broke'. Turning her Kindle Fire on everything looked fine to me, after calming her down I managed to ascertain that her Kindle only 'broke' when she tried to play the film. So I pressed play and immediately the screen became a riot of brightly coloured thick stripes complete with high pitched whistle, bemused I showed the image to my husband who immediately recognized it as something akin to the old fashioned 'testcard' that we used to see on our tv's when the television programs had stopped transmitting for the night.

Problem solved and with a quick forward wind the film finally started.

Smurfs 2 is set in Paris where the evil Wizard Gargamel creates a couple of naughty 'Naughties' smurf like creatures that he hope will help him harness the magical Smurf-Essence and this is where the fun begins.

My daughter absolutely loved this film and we didn't hear a peep out of her whilst she was watching it, which considering the film is over 2 hours long must be a bonus. In fact my daughter told me later that she preferred Smurfs 2 to the original Smurf film. Result!
One person found this helpful
on 21 September 2015
I saw The Smurfs 2 at the movies and this is my 2nd watch. I just like The Smurfs. But it wouldn't be anything without Gargamell (spelling?).
Was it as good as the original? You didn;t have the plot line where Patrick and his family had to adjust to getting to know the Smurfs but I liked both additions to the family. And to the Smurf family. Probably watch it again. Granddaughters loved it too.
on 3 April 2014
Bought this for my 35 year old son, who I'm sure will enjoy it. He liked the first one. Bought partly as a joke as when young and at cub camp they put his toy smurf up the flag pole and he got upset. Never mind. I replaced it, Sent it to him in Afghanistan with the message, " Here's one for the flag pole". He guessed straight away what was inside the parcel. He'll never live it down. The grandchildren loved this film too.
on 20 June 2016
Great follow up to the original with excellent (again) 3D!

Well worth the really low price - a great 3D showcase which should provide a few years of entertainment for my son who loves it!!!
on 11 March 2018
Nice movie and very good 3d quality
on 8 April 2018
THANKS
on 30 January 2018
Grandson loves it
on 23 September 2016
Only DVD I've purchased that my 6 year old will watch over and over buying me lots of mummy time so 5 stars just for that!
on 21 January 2018