Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 4 February 2014
Hymn to the Fallen, Quanta Qualia, well everything on this album really, is gorgeous. Just what I needed at the end of a rain soaked hellish day. I can't recommend it highly enough.....love it, love it!
on 4 February 2014
I have been a VOCES8 fan since their inception and have watched and listened to them grow and develop. Could they possibly create a more controlled, mellifluous and agonisingly beautiful sound?
This first rate assembly of originals and new arrangements evokes a calm reflective mood while still exuding all the energy that VOCES8 brings to their stage presence.
I love it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 April 2016
This arrived today and went straight into the CD player. I would have like to been able to sit back and just listen to the music, but that was not quite what happened. My wife came back with the shopping, a parcel of tea arrived from China and the cat was demanding to be fed, the flurry however was soon over and done with..... Meanwhile floating through the room was the beautiful voices of Voces8, and once all was quiet the magic began.

How do I describe it? If you get a tingle from hearing Allegri's Misere, and that wonder full boy soprano's voice sailing high above all the choir, and get goosebumps? Then you will know how this record affects me. Six men and two women form Voces8 and meld (pretty much) seamlessly into a harmonious whole. I suppose, that if you were picky, you could dismiss the record as 'not being true classical or serious' music, and you might be right, but you would be missing out. There is something almost angelic in the music, something which is serene and calming - I'm sure it lowers my blood pressure, the Hymn to the Fallen brings me near to tears. There are glorious song by Carl Jenkins, Patrick Hawes and Bruckner. Go to Amazon's samples and listen. Those samples are a prelude to hearing the whole glorious disc.
on 4 February 2014
Arrived yesterday...has been on repeat ever since! In particular I cannot get enough of 'The Seal Lullaby' by Eric Whitacre - the best recording of this I've heard to date. Also divine are the Lauridsen and the Bruckner - though the covers of folk and pop tracks are simply fabulous too. I am a big fan of Voces8 and their versatility and this album does not disappoint!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 11 February 2014
Having been a long-term fan of choral music, Voces8 continues to push the barriers of quality and professionalism forward. From the opening Tallis's, 'Te lucis ante terminum', though 'Second Eve', 'Quanta Qualia', the voices and arrangements are flawless. I adore Harry Christopher's Sixteen polyphonic output and this is also high class, with enhancement by instrumental accompaniment. This is a choral delight containing hours of pleasure. Absolutely beautiful, as is the recording quality.
on 4 February 2014
I've known this group a while, but now they seem to have moved up a notch by signing a new record deal. This CD has some fantastic stuff on it (heard by me first on classic fm radio), I loved loads of tracks, especially the piece by Ola Gjeilo. Highly recommended!!
on 13 March 2014
I heard this group singing on the BBC breakfast programme and loved their harmonies. There was only one track on there I think , that lowered the mood beyond calm, but I still love it. It is perfect for times of reflection.
on 7 February 2014
Amazing! Bought this after seeing them on BBC Breakfast show and heard a sample. This music is so calming and helps to unwind from lifes stresses. Love it.
on 27 June 2014
Having all their discs to date and this latest release is the best so far. It's so nice to here a group who can consistently sing at such a high level no matter what the material. The recorded sound is not bad either, well done all. More, more please. Highly recommended
on 12 February 2016
Came across this by chance whilst looking for another choral recording and very glad I bought it. Stunning music. Not so impressed with the inlay leaflet (a folded sheet) - extremely artistic and informative but not as easy to read as a conventional inlay booklet. A minor niggle though and does not detract from what really matters i.e the music.